FURY IS THE GREATEST EVER!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Lewis was taking over in that fight, he beat Klitschko till he looked like the terminator :p
Lewis looked better, but had taken and was taking fight ending punches.

That fight was turning. Will rewatch, might edit this post.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
that would be epic
is joshua scheduled?

I could see him breaking joshua's will in similar style(If tyson stays serious)

Fury took almost zero damage...ate a few in style
He has two mandatories coming up and I think he is fighting Pulev in June

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
I was just chatting to some others about this, I don't see Warren, Haymon or Arum letting any of their fighters earn money for Eddie Hearn
I think they should. Joshua's fights keep selling so Eddie Hearn is going to make money regardless. Fighting Joshua would be a career high payday for most fighters so they should go for it

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Nothing special. He is ranked in the top ten but I don't see him really challenging Joshua
ya watching some highlights now...deleted my post
a hungry Joshua should best him

would like to see fury vs joshua do it up soon if possible

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
ya watching some highlights now...deleted my post
a hungry Joshua should best him

would like to see fury vs joshua do it up soon if possible
Hearn said they could do it next summer which is weird considering they were targeting Joshua-Pulev in June

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Absolutely. They should set up the fight with two champions as long as Joshua has all of his belts and stop messing around
Hype would be amazing
Would sell huge

I west coast USA, and even a casual boxing fan here has to love Fury singing after fights and all his charisma +skills/power...add in Joshua and fans and it seems like a great storyline and formula...I could be totally wrong, europe is a mystery to me.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Hype would be amazing
Would sell huge

I west coast USA, and even a casual boxing fan here has to love Fury singing after fights and all his charisma +skills/power...add in Joshua and fans and it seems like a great storyline and formula...I could be totally wrong, europe is a mystery to me.
Joshua is selling out football stadiums pretty much on his own and Fury has a notable following especially in the UK so I think it would be huge fight

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Joshua is selling out football stadiums pretty much on his own and Fury has a notable following especially in the UK so I think it would be huge fight
AJ is a massive draw in the UK and Europe - way bigger than Fury and of course Wilder. The Joshua-Ruiz rematch did 1.6 million UK PPV buys, which adjusted for exchange rate and price was equivalent of about 800k North American PPV buys. Again adjusted for population, that's about 5 million equivalent North American PPV buys. Huge numbers.

Until this fight, AJ was by far the biggest draw of all 3 guys. With Fury now able to capture North American fans too, a Fury-AJ fight would be way bigger than a Fury-Wilder rematch.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
AJ is a massive draw in the UK and Europe - way bigger than Fury and of course Wilder. The Joshua-Ruiz rematch did 1.6 million UK PPV buys, which adjusted for exchange rate and price was equivalent of about 800k North American PPV buys. Again adjusted for population, that's about 5 million equivalent North American PPV buys. Huge numbers.

Until this fight, AJ was by far the biggest draw of all 3 guys. With Fury now able to capture North American fans too, a Fury-AJ fight would be way bigger than a Fury-Wilder rematch.
His next fight is apparently targeted to take place in the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or the Emirates Stadium and both of those have a capacity of over 60,000. His should be fighting Kubrat Pulev therefore the fight is sold on AJ alone. I'd say he is the biggest name in boxing by far

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
His next fight is apparently targeted to take place in the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or the Emirates Stadium and both of those have a capacity of over 60,000. His should be fighting Kubrat Pulev therefore the fight is sold on AJ alone. I'd say he is the biggest name in boxing by far
He's definitely the biggest internationally, but Fury is closing in on him. Fury is now bigger in the US, which is still obviously the most important market. Europe, particularly Germany, is a very underrated market in American media though. Wlad used to make a fortune off it - he didn't need Anglosphere PPV. And AJ is way bigger there than Fury.

It's pretty crazy how few active American fighters are draws. Jon Jones is easily the biggest A-side American-born combat sports athlete draw right now, and there's a pretty sharp decline after him.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Apparently the Arabs were at the Fury - Wilder fight, no doubt they will be look to secure a rematch against Wilder or Unification with Joshua in Dubai. Which is bullshit, but I can see it happening.

Any Fury v Joshua needs to happen in Wembley Stadium, even if it starts at daft o'clock in the morning to appease the American market. This fight is too big to have in some 17,000 seater arena in Vegas.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Apparently the Arabs were at the Fury - Wilder fight, no doubt they will be look to secure a rematch against Wilder or Unification with Joshua in Dubai. Which is bullshit, but I can see it happening.

Any Fury v Joshua needs to happen in Wembley Stadium, even if it starts at daft o'clock in the morning to appease the American market. This fight is too big to have in some 17,000 seater arena in Vegas.
Wembley would be epic

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I just watched a bizarre 'hot take' from Luke Thomas in a video titled 'Tyson Fury is boxing's best heavyweight' where he passionately makes the case that Fury is the best, as if there's actually an argument. And then also bizarrely states that Fury might have to beat Andy Ruiz Jr to prove it for some reason.

Hey Sherlock Thomas, Fury is the lineal and ring HW champion. Nobody is fucking disputing that Fury is the number 1 boxer in the world. Why don't you make a video about Kamaru Usman being the best UFC WW for your next video instead?

This is why you don't let MMA fans - even ones that mistakenly think they are boxing fans - talk about boxing.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Wembley would be epic
90,000 for Joshua v Kliltsckho - I'm sure they can fit more in for a boxing match if you count the pitch area as well.

I just watched a bizarre 'hot take' from Luke Thomas in a video titled 'Tyson Fury is boxing's best heavyweight' where he passionately makes the case that Fury is the best, as if there's actually an argument. And then also bizarrely states that Fury might have to beat Andy Ruiz Jr to prove it for some reason.

Hey Sherlock Thomas, Fury is the lineal and ring HW champion. Nobody is fucking disputing that Fury is the number 1 boxer in the world. Why don't you make a video about Kamaru Usman being the best UFC WW for your next video instead?

This is why you don't let MMA fans - even ones that mistakenly think they are boxing fans - talk about boxing.
Fucking hell, Luke Thomas talks out of his arse at times.

I'd back Joshua to beat Fury though, less so than I would have done a week ago, but I still think he'd take it.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
90,000 for Joshua v Kliltsckho - I'm sure they can fit more in for a boxing match if you count the pitch area as well.

Fucking hell, Luke Thomas talks out of his arse at times.

I'd back Joshua to beat Fury though, less so than I would have done a week ago, but I still think he'd take it.
I think Joshua has a decent shot at beating him too. But literally nobody is saying Joshua deserves to be ranked as the number 1 above Fury.

M

member 3289

He's definitely the biggest internationally, but Fury is closing in on him. Fury is now bigger in the US, which is still obviously the most important market. Europe, particularly Germany, is a very underrated market in American media though. Wlad used to make a fortune off it - he didn't need Anglosphere PPV. And AJ is way bigger there than Fury.

It's pretty crazy how few active American fighters are draws. Jon Jones is easily the biggest A-side American-born combat sports athlete draw right now, and there's a pretty sharp decline after him.
Not even bullshitting when I tell you that at least 50% of the people here think that Conor McGregor is American

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Luke just making videos for the Splinty crowd. I need that fight.
I wouldn't mind it. In my mind fury would get as fat as he possibly could and retain his badass cardio just to show he's the king of the dossers

Last edited: