Fury vs Wilder 3 is getting ridiculously overrated

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Full text via Wilders Instagram/Facebook:

Wow, what a hell of a night! I would like to first and foremost thank God for allowing me to give the world another part of me that’s driven with passion and determination. I would like to thank my team and my fans for sticking by my side through this long process. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t disappointed in the outcome but after reflecting on my journey, I now see that what God wanted me to experience is far greater than what I expected to happen. We didn’t get the win but a wise man once said the victories are within the lessons. I’ve learned that sometimes you have to lose to win. Although, I wanted the win I enjoyed seeing the fans win even more. Hopefully, I proved that I am a true Warrior and a true King in this sport. Hopefully, WE proved that no matter how hard you get hit with trials and tribulations you can always pick yourself up to live and fight again for what you believe in. Last but not least I would like to congratulate @gypsyking101 for his victory and thank you for the great historical memories that will last forever.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
He is one of the best of all time, Tyson would beat up every prior HW before him, the sport just advances, just like MMA, the champions today would beat the ones in the past, no shame in that.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He is one of the best of all time, Tyson would beat up every prior HW before him, the sport just advances, just like MMA, the champions today would beat the ones in the past, no shame in that.
Yes and also no. A lot of the difference in HW boxing is size and better PEDs. Skill improvements have been made, but it's not like MMA. Midgets from bygone eras stand no chance either way. Since the late 80s and 90s, the skill and athleticism hasn't progressed exponentially though. In Deontay Wilder's case, it has regressed. The talent pool from the US has also regressed.

I am mostly in agreement that the new guys still dominate, but I think their are exceptions. I genuinely think a prime Lennox Lewis would fuck Fury up.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It was a great fight and when you add in the stakes and circumstances of everything it adds to it. To hate on it is dumb. And I know boxing history pretty damn well. You very rarely get heavyweight title triologies of this caliber in this day and age. In fact, you just don't, period.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Yes and also no. A lot of the difference in HW boxing is size and better PEDs. Skill improvements have been made, but it's not like MMA. Midgets from bygone eras stand no chance either way. Since the late 80s and 90s, the skill and athleticism hasn't progressed exponentially though. In Deontay Wilder's case, it has regressed. The talent pool from the US has also regressed.

I am mostly in agreement that the new guys still dominate, but I think their are exceptions. I genuinely think a prime Lennox Lewis would fuck Fury up.
A prime Lennox is top 3 head to head HW ATG.

He and Tyson Fury are probably #1 and #2 on that front.

Rounding out the top 3 is probably safety-first Wlad, or maybe Vitali.

Any of those guys, no HW prior to their era has dealt with that combination of sheer size and physical strength coupled with the level of skill that those 4 bring.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

"Prime"