Fury's Dad Called it

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Hmmmmmm who else said wilders opponents been hand picked? Wilder hasn't beat any guys his size and technically skilled... and itv showed Saturday night vs A bigger technical man
Except for the first Fight.

I personally think your too quick to dismiss Wilder as a good fighter before you will admit Fury just came into this fight different Man.

Sure he outboxed Wilder the first fight but managed to still get caught by that "one trick" right hand.

Seems to me that Wilder is deserving champion with the power to put any equal out.

But on that rematch night..

On that night Fury came in a New Man.

A Man destine for greatness.

He changed his approach.

Came in with the game plan revised and strong.

Shut out a previously dominant man.

Say what you want ECC170 @ECC170

But are you a Heavyweight boxing champ?

To understand what that takes?

I respect your pedigree.

But please don't talk down on any others.

Wilder was very much a fighter.

And Fury was very obvious that better that night.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

Any one can see that.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

I personally think your too quick to dismiss Wilder as a good fighter before you will admit Fury just came into this fight different Man.

Sure he outboxed Wilder the first fight but managed to still get caught by that "one trick" right hand.

Seems to me that Wilder is deserving champion with the power to put any equal out.

He changed his approach.

I respect your pedigree.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

Any one can see that.
I didn't box and I respect your opinion but most successful trainers weren't all world champions and they know how to assess a fighter's Tools, strengths and weaknesses..I think everybody else is too quick to dismiss his lack of other techniques it takes to beat a guy like a healthy Fury.. They fight 10x under the circumstances they did last Saturday and Fury beats him every time..I know he's special when it comes to his power and killer instinct! I know he is better than most pro HW boxers which doesn't even have a deep talent pool if you wanna pull straws and want to get into that part of not only boxing but MMA as well with most freak athletes that are big men playing other major sports..But I call a spade a spade and if you guys think he's not sloppy and lacks technical abilities than idk why we even bother discussing it.. He's in a division where it takes 1 shot to end it and a lot of technique or lack their of can be neutralized by 1 big shot...

I'm not saying I can beat Wilder in a boxing match because I've not dedicated my life to that 1 particular sport..But i'll tell you this i know what it takes to be a champion regardless of the sport and what it takes to obtain that status..And as long as Wilder doesn't improve in areas he's not very good in he'll never beat Fury or any other guy he can't Bully and overwhelm.. Let's take a world class boxer that's only trained boxing and put him on the mat with a world class hell average wrestler and that world class boxer is getting crushed..Take a Solid MMA guy and put him vs 2x world champion boxer and we seen not only the boxer lose but he lost a decision and cut him up .. I think ppl are too quick to dismiss the learning curve of a fighter and don't realize yesterday's points don't win today's games.. Boxing use to Be the end all be all end could make any claim it wanted in reference to its superiority over other combat sports.. and ..it's simply not true

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

He changed his approach.

I respect your pedigree.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

Any one can see that.
Wilder doesn't have one attribute like people say. He has 5. Size, power, chin, cardio and heart.

But he genuinely does suck in terms of his technical skills. That's not hyperbole or bashing - if he was missing just one of the above attributes, he would be a legitimate journeyman.

He's not the first big mediocre boxer to forge a career out of advantageous physical attributes. Size and power matters in HW boxing. You really can hide your technical deficiencies. Look at Nikolai Valuev. He was just so fucking big that nobody could do anything to him - went 50-2, and never got stopped. This phenomenon is no different now to when Jess Willard was champ.

I think Wilder deserves credit for his heart. But he has succeeded in spite of his mediocre skills, not because of them.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I didn't box and I respect your opinion but most successful trainers weren't all world champions and they know how to assess a fighter's Tools, strengths and weaknesses..I think everybody else is too quick to dismiss his lack of other techniques it takes to beat a guy like a healthy Fury.. They fight 10x under the circumstances they did last Saturday and Fury beats him every time..I know he's special when it comes to his power and killer instinct! I know he is better than most pro HW boxers which doesn't even have a deep talent pool if you wanna pull straws and want to get into that part of not only boxing but MMA as well with most freak athletes that are big men playing other major sports..But I call a spade a spade and if you guys think he's not sloppy and lacks technical abilities than idk why we even bother discussing it.. He's in a division where it takes 1 shot to end it and a lot of technique or lack their of can be neutralized by 1 big shot...

I'm not saying I can beat Wilder in a boxing match because I've not dedicated my life to that 1 particular sport..But i'll tell you this i know what it takes to be a champion regardless of the sport and what it takes to obtain that status..And as long as Wilder doesn't improve in areas he's not very good in he'll never beat Fury or any other guy he can't Bully and overwhelm.. Let's take a world class boxer that's only trained boxing and put him on the mat with a world class hell average wrestler and that world class boxer is getting crushed..Take a Solid MMA guy and put him vs 2x world champion boxer and we seen not only the boxer lose but he lost a decision and cut him up .. I think ppl are too quick to dismiss the learning curve of a fighter and don't realize yesterday's points don't win today's games.. Boxing use to Be the end all be all end could make any claim it wanted in reference to its superiority over other combat sports.. and ..it's simply not true
The part about size needs repeating. The percentage of the population that is 6'6 or above is tiny. And barely anyone that size tries to become a professional boxer.

And yet all the best boxers of recent years are that size. Vitali, Wlad, Fury, Wilder, AJ. All 6'6 or above. Lewis was 6'5. The modern HW boxing division is just geared towards size and is thus drawing on a very shallow talent pool. That's how guys like Wilder can thrive.

It's not just me who picked Wilder to win while acknowledging he can't box for shit - that's exactly what Teddy Atlas did too. 'He can't fight' is Teddy's exact quote.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016

Interesting point..

I see your angle.
Yes in every day Life a proficient wrestler will always best a adverage boxer.

But in a world of dedicated professions.

IE Boxing.

It's what you can accomplish with that merit.

Just like a wrestler you have to meet others with the same skill.

And prove your worth..

Wilder made it to where he was.

A Champion.

Degrade his competition all you want.

You didn't face it..

He did.

Fury showed his worth.

Wilder showed his deficiency.

Thats the end of it.

Bringing it to another discussion is your opinion..

But guess what.

It means shit to anyone that knows the truth.

The Sweet Science.

Will always be a scientist knowledge.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Wilder doesn't have one attribute like people say. He has 5. Size, power, chin, cardio and heart.

But he genuinely does suck in terms of his technical skills. That's not hyperbole or bashing - if he was missing just one of the above attributes, he would be a legitimate journeyman.

He's not the first big mediocre boxer to forge a career out of advantageous physical attributes. Size and power matters in HW boxing. You really can hide your technical deficiencies. Look at Nikolai Valuev. He was just so fucking big that nobody could do anything to him - went 50-2, and never got stopped. This phenomenon is no different now to when Jess Willard was champ.

I think Wilder deserves credit for his heart. But he has succeeded in spite of his mediocre skills, not because of them.
Yes. But at least you acknowledge a man's proficiency in a sport.

So many were quick to discredit a man instead of giving glamour to the one that defeated him.

The same ones that don't know shit about what it takes to be at that level.

Glad you see it still takes something to be there.

No matter what you lack you must exceed in what makes you great..

If not adapt.

Wilder Never Adapt.

Fury did.

End of Story.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

But guess what.

The Sweet Science.

Will always be a scientist knowledge
Somebody forgot to tell Artem he didn't attend this university all these scientist attended.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
And my opinion is I know Wilder is more than capable of knocking out Francis but to imply Francis couldn't knock him out is crazy.. This is a fight discussion board I thought that's what we did? It's the God complex that boxing has that it's so much superior, to me what is comical..MMA guys know a lot of sweet science as well..We have to learn to defend shit from all Angles, levels and scenarios far more complex than just boxing...So for ppl to imply Francis isn't capable of being a world class hw boxer is nuts to me.. What does Wilder possess that Wilder doesn't physically? I'll wait... who's balance is better? I'll wait... mark my words if Francis dedicates himself to boxing he'll do very well.. And for the if he was he would be boxing theory need to realize he might've not had access to the proper boxing training or management.. He might've ended up in a decent mma gym instead and that's the way his life went.. ...but now he's got the means to choose his training regimen and coaches and that's the difference.. Build him just like you do Everybody else and he's def gotta chance to beat Wilder

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Fury’s dad put extra weight on that costume Wilder wore out and wilder said once he took the suit off, he realized that “the game has changed”

he’s not making excuses, he just wanted to say......

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
HW WORLD CHAMPION <40 pounds
That's why they make weight classes people!

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
Interesting point..

I see your angle.
Yes in every day Life a proficient wrestler will always best a adverage boxer.

But in a world of dedicated professions.

IE Boxing.

It's what you can accomplish with that merit.

Just like a wrestler you have to meet others with the same skill.

And prove your worth..

Wilder made it to where he was.

A Champion.

Degrade his competition all you want.

You didn't face it..

He did.

Fury showed his worth.

Wilder showed his deficiency.

Thats the end of it.

But guess what.

The Sweet Science.

Will always be a scientist knowledge.
You have the writing style of a 14 year old who posts twilight fan-fictions on tumblr.