VID Future Glory shows will have MMA and Kickboxing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NtCPcTZ5EE

I'm not sure about this. Sloppy MMA alongside top kickboxing will be painful, but it might attract more viewers. :\
I love it. Everyone has to start somewhere, and hopefully this leads to co-promotion with ONE or Bellator in the future. Like you said, it will likely attract more viewers as well, and that's what Glory needs...exposure, because they are a great product. They just need people to see it to fall in love with it.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Funny, I just posted here the other day about how I'd like to see them run mixed shows at MSG!

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
As I said, I believe it's the last opportunity to break the monopoly - NY can serve as the beachhead.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fuck yes. I am a hue fan of mixed cards and never understood why it wasn't a concept more promoters in the US tried out.

Affliction was going to split their shows with boxing and MMA. When that got canceled I was bummed.

I love kickboxing and MMA cards. Reminds me of Japan

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
they should only do 3 high level MMA fights per...There are enough quality fights out there do so..

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fuck yes. I am a hue fan of mixed cards and never understood why it wasn't a concept more promoters in the US tried out.

Affliction was going to split their shows with boxing and MMA. When that got canceled I was bummed.

I love kickboxing and MMA cards. Reminds me of Japan
Affliction had the perfect ring for mma with the extention. Just needed to add the IVC netting between the bottom rope and the canvas.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
NY could stipulate that mma matches must take place in a ring, not a cage, and under NY rules (something like Pride 12 rules should be safe enough and still be more realistic than Unified rules).

No referee standups do to inaction would be a feather in the cap too imho.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Affliction had the perfect ring for mma with the extention. Just needed to add the IVC netting between the bottom rope and the canvas.
Agreed 100%. I've always preferred the ring because I hate how the cage can be used as a benefit to certain things. I don't want there to be any outside factors in a fight other than the two men in the ring's skill being tested against each other.

I always felt the IVC had the best idea with the netting on the bottom. Obviously, nothing is perfect. But in an ideal world, the big ass Affliction ring + bottom netting would be perfect.

The only downside is when the ref restarts/drags guys to the center. They're always put in the same position, though. I feel like that plays less of a factor than people using the cage to their advantage.

Plus, if anyone has ever been to a live MMA event with a cage, as well as one with a ring (or a boxing, kickboxing match etc).. I think they'd agree that watching live through a cage sucks unless you are directly next to it or in the first raised section.

The camera men blocking the view at the UFC always sucks too. No matter how good your seats are, you're watching the screen more than half the time, unless you're right up close or in the perfect section of first level raised seats, like I said.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Agreed 100%. I've always preferred the ring because I hate how the cage can be used as a benefit to certain things. I don't want there to be any outside factors in a fight other than the two men in the ring's skill being tested against each other.

I always felt the IVC had the best idea with the netting on the bottom. Obviously, nothing is perfect. But in an ideal world, the big ass Affliction ring + bottom netting would be perfect.

The only downside is when the ref restarts/drags guys to the center. They're always put in the same position, though. I feel like that plays less of a factor than people using the cage to their advantage.

Plus, if anyone has ever been to a live MMA event with a cage, as well as one with a ring (or a boxing, kickboxing match etc).. I think they'd agree that watching live through a cage sucks unless you are directly next to it or in the first raised section.

The camera men blocking the view at the UFC always sucks too. No matter how good your seats are, you're watching the screen more than half the time, unless you're right up close or in the perfect section of first level raised seats, like I said.
Yeah, spectators not being able to see the fight from the expensive seats, watching it on the big screen, it's real disadvantage.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
YES!! I have been saying this since they started. Would be a great idea and Scott Coker can co promote with them he is the perfect guy for that!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
mixed cards are awesome. i love the inoki bom ba ye cards and the oldschool k1 cards with mma fights. a glory / bellator mix card would be awesome or even a glory/ boxing card.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Mayweather has talked about doing mixed shows and having MMA fights on his under cards

If there is one guy out there who may be able to challenge the UFC, it'd be him. If he did mixed shows, where he had his own fight as the main event with a marquee MMA fight as the co main (obviously not as easy n ow since almost everyone notable is under Zuffa)..Let's just say it'd be a huge power play.

I really hope he moves forward on that promise. Mayweather was going to invest in GLORY but they fucked that up by blowing their cash so early. There is a reason Mayweather was seen front row at early GLORY US shows and was constantly promoting them on Twitter.

People laugh at him and act like he's going to be broke after he retires but the opposite is true. If anything, he will probably eclipse guys like Oscar and Golden Boy and become a gigantic fight promoter himself.

He's smart and knows that a lot of fight fans are just that - fight fans. That lots of them don't want to watch only one sport, but all.

It's gonna be interesting to see how TMT plays out over the next 5-10 years. If PBF makes good on his promise to promote MMA, things will get very interesting in Las Vegas. I wouldn't be surprised if thus far he has been paid under the table to stay out of the MMA game in Vegas.

Either way though.. The future is more exciting right now across combat sport in general than it has been in a few years at least.