General Future Of Stitches

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is like a tape version of the hair apposition technique.

Pull hair across from each other to close the wound and put a little dab of glue.

I think that this tape is overly complicated.

It would only work well on a nice straight incision like a knife cut, and on a part of the body that has some give without too much tension. Cut your thigh cut your arm cut your back? Probably work fine. But I have to wonder why I couldn't just be given individual pieces of tape and put it on manually for better control.

And I wonder why I couldn't just use dermabond as I currently do?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
This is like a tape version of the hair apposition technique.

Pull hair across from each other to close the wound and put a little dab of glue.

I think that this tape is overly complicated.

It would only work well on a nice straight incision like a knife cut, and on a part of the body that has some give without too much tension. Cut your thigh cut your arm cut your back? Probably work fine. But I have to wonder why I couldn't just be given individual pieces of tape and put it on manually for better control.

And I wonder why I couldn't just use dermabond as I currently do?
I've glued myself back together with crazy glue more than a few times out in the bush, it's cheap and effective. I'm assuming dermabond is roughly the same stuff.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've glued myself back together with crazy glue more than a few times out in the bush, it's cheap and effective. I'm assuming dermabond is roughly the same stuff.

Slight isomer change to cause less dermatitis and it's sterile. And it cost a million times more. Otherwise dermabond and superglue are identical.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It's like a butterfly bandaid. Sort of. I've used those on wounds I 100% should have gotten stitches for.

Hell, I've used duct tape before.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's like a butterfly bandaid. Sort of. I've used those on wounds I 100% should have gotten stitches for.

Hell, I've used duct tape before.
That's immediately what I thought of, a butterfly.
Same concept.
Groundbreaking...

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Slight isomer change to cause less dermatitis and it's sterile. And it cost a million times more. Otherwise dermabond and superglue are identical.

As usual I'm one step ahead of you here, I use superglue for when the bar rips off one of my callouses (sp?)

Been doing it since the 90's

Those of you who aren't part of the 1,000lb club like you won't understand