General Fyre Festival Documentary Netflix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I actually just saw fyre fraud on hulu it came out first bill McFarland is a real p.o.s like every con artist bullshitter I ever met. makes ja rule look even more involved than I believed he was before.

the other incriminating thing for ja rule is that he was also in magnises with McFarland
How a Black Card for Millennials Went Down in Flames

im surprised the feds didn't charge ja rule but even McFarland wouldn't have gotten his 6 year sentence if it wasn't for the wire fraud he could have gotten away with a lot of his scams and frauds he committed.

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Thanks for the heads up. I found the whole Fyre Festival fiasco hilarious, and will check out the documentaries.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
That's some fine celebrity chef catering right there.
I lol'd at the school bus and mattresses they had stacked around. the "fuck jerry" folks should have been more accountable it was basically the charade they created on social media that duped these people and the movie goes into detail at how they had to keep erasing negative posts and manipulate the tags on social media to keep people calling bs or scam on their social media pages.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I wonder if he would have gotten like 20 years if he would have successfully cheated the Bahamian customs people like he had planned with the merch and taxes sounds like it would have been some international crime.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Anyone over the age of 15 that goes to a music festival deserves to he duped.
A music festival with zero history and no confirmed acts on a private Island yes....gotta be some solid music festival with good history I would think.
Lots of bands sound much better in studio than Live, that is for sure...Killer live performing bands are fairly rare in my experience

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Gonna watch the Hulu one in a lil bit...somehow satisfying and educating to see people getting scammed

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Apparently there is speculation that Hulu beating Netflix to the punch and releasing their documentary first is a marketing ploy/trick.
Hulu's Doc has an ex employer of the marketing firm of Frye Island, who also happens to be the maker of the Netflix Doc.

Good strategy to create a false buzz and it is likely that if you watch one Doc you will watch Both.
Tricky move.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I actually just saw fyre fraud on hulu it came out first bill McFarland is a real p.o.s like every con artist bullshitter I ever met. makes ja rule look even more involved than I believed he was before.

the other incriminating thing for ja rule is that he was also in magnises with McFarland
How a Black Card for Millennials Went Down in Flames

im surprised the feds didn't charge ja rule but even McFarland wouldn't have gotten his 6 year sentence if it wasn't for the wire fraud he could have gotten away with a lot of his scams and frauds he committed.
I just watched it
what a total shitshow...that guy is fucking slime bag
basically it was about gullible millennials being conned by a millennial+ some dipshit old investors
His interview was hardly an interview, just him going dark when they asked the hard questions

Loved the Bartender's perspective

wish it showed more footage from the actual festival itself

Netflix one comes out tomorrow, I will watch that one also

Fuck Jerry was interesting and the social Media brainwash aspect was also enlightening

Ja Rule is an absolute moron

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fyre Festival Doc out on Netflix Today
haven't watched yet

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Fyre Festival Doc out on Netflix Today
haven't watched yet
Watched it last night.

What a fucking shit show. The amount of money being thrown around was astonishing. They paid one of the Kardashian whores $250,000 to tag their festival.

It was an interesting watch.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Watched it last night.

What a fucking shit show. The amount of money being thrown around was astonishing. They paid one of the Kardashian whores $250,000 to tag their festival.

It was an interesting watch.

Watching right now. It's every bit of the hilarious train wreck I expected after the famous ham and cheese sandwich photos.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Watching right now. It's every bit of the hilarious train wreck I expected after the famous ham and cheese sandwich photos.
They make a comment about that sandwich
Millions of dollars spent on getting the word out to the masses completely undone by a single tweet from a participant unhappy with his cheese sandwich.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hulu one has some stuff not in this Netflix one

can use 7 day free trial and cancel immediately after watching if interested

They got exclusive sit down interview with the head scammer dude...He deflects most questions but it is funny to see his guilty lying face
also has a good bartender that gets interviewed that calls it a disaster from the start

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
who doesn't want to stay in a FEMA tent, use a tiny locker, and eat american cheese sandwiches in a glorified parking lot with mosquito water all around it ?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Why didn't they just have the cruise ship be the hotel and use the island to party during the day? Solves almost all the logistics with a line item expense and nobody is angry at partying on a boat. That could have solved a great majority of the problem.

Then again, the leadership green lit a 38 million dollar half brain idea when the talent was less than 10% of tthat. Approved 35 million of stuff and couldn't even buy enough bottled watered.
You can rent an entire cruise ship for a million bucks a week. Make it really luxury for 2-3 million. Youre at 7 million with the festival talent. Spend 5 million on festival stuff on the island and outsource a lot of it to third party vendors that want access to this elite party anyways.

12 million while overpaying.

1000 * $10,000 packages. 10 million.

Still a loss but they were trying to pimp the Fyre brand. So consider it a marketing expense. And it could have gone off as a luxury booze cruise like Yacht week.

Charge more or spend less and it breaks even.

These guys got way too attached to this arbitrary tent idea.