General Fyre Festival Documentary Netflix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Why didn't they just have the cruise ship be the hotel and use the island to party during the day? Solves almost all the logistics with a line item expense and nobody is angry at partying on a boat. That could have solved a great majority of the problem.

Then again, the leadership green lit a 38 million dollar half brain idea when the talent was less than 10% of tthat. Approved 35 million of stuff and couldn't even buy enough bottled watered.
You can rent an entire cruise ship for a million bucks a week. Make it really luxury for 2-3 million. Youre at 7 million with the festival talent. Spend 5 million on festival stuff on the island and outsource a lot of it to third party vendors that want access to this elite party anyways.

12 million while overpaying.

1000 * $10,000 packages. 10 million.

Still a loss but they were trying to pimp the Fyre brand. So consider it a marketing expense. And it could have gone off as a luxury booze cruise like Yacht week.

Charge more or spend less and it breaks even.

These guys got way too attached to this arbitrary tent idea.
didn't have the money for any of it
robbing paul to pay peter
that is why

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Saw it last night. Fuck, what a bunch of amateurs. They were in well over their heads. Lol at that senior executive who was gonna suck that customs guy`s dick so they could release all the tanks of water hahahaha

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Saw it last night. Fuck, what a bunch of amateurs. They were in well over their heads. Lol at that senior executive who was gonna suck that customs guy`s dick so they could release all the tanks of water hahahaha
that story just got funnier as it escalated to him using mouth wash before heading over there.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
that had no part in the "doc" was just like some weird shit in the middle
huh? I was referring to the guy telling the story of almost sucking dick to release the evian water from customs in the netflix fyre documentary

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
huh? I was referring to the guy telling the story of almost sucking dick to release the evian water from customs in the netflix fyre documentary
Ya me too
LOL I think he just wanted to talk about sucking dick so told a story...just seemed out of place

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I felt bad for that restaurant owner lady who gpt ducked over. She seemed like a nice genuine hard working person and those amateur cunts scammed her big time

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I felt bad for that restaurant owner lady who gpt ducked over. She seemed like a nice genuine hard working person and those amateur cunts scammed her big time
Same! My wife told me there was a kickstarter for her that raised a gang of money for her though that restored some of my faith in humanity.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I just watched it
what a total shitshow...that guy is fucking slime bag
basically it was about gullible millennials being conned by a millennial+ some dipshit old investors
His interview was hardly an interview, just him going dark when they asked the hard questions

Loved the Bartender's perspective

wish it showed more footage from the actual festival itself

Netflix one comes out tomorrow, I will watch that one also

Fuck Jerry was interesting and the social Media brainwash aspect was also enlightening

Ja Rule is an absolute moron
My wife and I just watched it last night, we'll probably watch the Netflix one now. When the credits were rolling she's asks me "who's that guy (Oren Aks), he's the only one that was decent."

Then they read the statement from FuckJerry and cut to Oren saying "Whatever. Fuck those guys."
We laughed and High-Fived

But IIRC, Vice/Jerry Media were involved in the Netflix one...but I could have misunderstood.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Part of me says that the people involved in making this "festival" at the highest levels knew that this wasn't going to fly and they should sued/charged for their part in it.

Part of me also looks at the people who went and says it's almost justice they got scammed on something so luxuriously frivolous. The people going had every intent on bragging about the event on social media to those not there.

So I'm kinda divided about punishing those who screwed this and smiling slightly and those who got scammed.

Oh...and Ja Rule is a moron.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My wife and I just watched it last night, we'll probably watch the Netflix one now. When the credits were rolling she's asks me "who's that guy (Oren Aks), he's the only one that was decent."

Then they read the statement from FuckJerry and cut to Oren saying "Whatever. Fuck those guys."
We laughed and High-Fived

But IIRC, Vice/Jerry Media were involved in the Netflix one...but I could have misunderstood.
I am pretty sure the dual documentaries are/were a marketing plan...there are many ties between the two production teams
Create a fake buzz by releasing a story about HULU beating Netflix to the punch

get morons to make forum threads about it etc...and get folks to watch at least one, probably both

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I am pretty sure the dual documentaries are/were a marketing plan...there are many ties between the two production teams
Create a fake buzz by releasing a story about HULU beating Netflix to the punch

get morons to make forum threads about it etc...and get folks to watch at least one, probably both
that only makes sense for Jerry Media if you get your side out first. Burn up all the social capital talking about a narrative where Jerry Media has a small role or is maybe even a victim...unless Hulu hit a double-cross by putting out there doc first.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
that only makes sense for Jerry Media if you get your side out first. Burn up all the social capital talking about a narrative where Jerry Media has a small role or is maybe even a victim...unless Hulu hit a double-cross by putting out there doc first.
all I know is any press is good press for video content in this competitive and saturated market
these docs were perfect to attract those who just wanted to see the complete shitshow
see ya at the Arizona Frye Festival, I got two $55,000 sweets

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm rewatching this and God damnit it's incredible. If you haven't seen it you're missing out.