Gaethje: If I get outclassed by Vick, I’d have to hang them up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After a six-year undefeated run, UFC lightweight contender Justin Gaethje is now on a two-fight skid. His most recent loss came at the hands of Dustin Poirier, who defeated him via fourth-round TKO in Glendale, Arizona in April.

The 29-year-old former WSOF lightweight champion is now scheduled to face James Vick, who is currently on a four-fight win streak. And if ends up losing badly, Gaethje may just cut his career short.

“I’m so much better than James Vick. It sucks to say it, but if I was to go out there and get outclassed by James Vick, I’d have to hang them up,” Gaethje said on Ariel Helwani’s MMA show on ESPN. “He’s not good, he’s slow,” he added. “I’m talking if I go…

Justin Gaethje: If I get outclassed by James Vick, I’d have to hang them up

Last edited:

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
If Justin uses his wrestling, he wins this fight.
I think his fight IQ is slipping.

In most of his fights outside the UFC he seemed to follow a specific gameplan for the win.

In the UFC I think the pressure of putting on an exciting fight throws off his game.

In both his losses and even his win against Michael Johnson he seemed to be following a game plan and had his opponent hurt, but in his last two losses he just didn't have the IQ to follow through with it and would rather throw down for the excitement. I think that's his downfall.

Thing is James Vick isn't as high a caliber Fighter as all of those Guys. I do think he's great and has a long rangey style that could be a real problem for Justin.

But I think Gaethje could put the pressure on him and take him out as he can to anyone in the divison.

Definitely a Fun fight from every prospective.

Has Barn Burner written all over it.

Ill be ok with either guy taking it.

Just rooting a bit more for
The Texecutioner.

As I am a Texas Dawg!

I think his fight IQ is slipping.

In most of his fights outside the UFC he seemed to follow a specific gameplan for the win.

In the UFC I think the pressure of putting on an exciting fight throws off his game.

In both his losses and even his win against Michael Johnson he seemed to be following a game plan and had his opponent hurt, but in his last two losses he just didn't have the IQ to follow through with it and would rather throw down for the excitement. I think that's his downfall.

Thing is James Vick isn't as high a caliber Fighter as all of those Guys. I do think he's great and has a long rangey style that could be a real problem for Justin.

But I think Gaethje could put the pressure on him and take him out as he can to anyone in the divison.

Definitely a Fun fight from every prospective.

Has Barn Burner written all over it.

Ill be ok with either guy taking it.

Just rooting a bit more for
The Texecutioner.

As I am a Texas Dawg!
I just hate him because he trains with the rapey feller.

War Justin!

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
he could on the ground in transition, on the feet vick won't outclass him; he can exploit justin on the feet due to his style and his system of defense...
but outclassed nahhhh

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
he could on the ground in transition, on the feet vick won't outclass him; he can exploit justin on the feet due to his style and his system of defense...
but outclassed nahhhh
Will be interesting to see if Vick can handle the pace and forward pressure Justin will put on him.