Gaethje: It’s a ‘crock of sh-t’ if McGregor gets title rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I have no issue with Conor getting the title fight because this is a business and the UFC needs to cash in on the biggest star MMA has ever seen during the short window they have with him. What I do have an issue with is Dana trying to bullshit everyone with some contrived justification. Just own it man. Don’t belittle your fans.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Well that's wrong.
Gaethje is a walking FOTN & really needs no bigger name than he has already earned.
A quick highlight of "The Highlight", including over Cerrone is all it takes for a lazy promoter.
You're right in that Cowboy is a more recognized name, but how necessary is that when it's Conor's name they're selling anyway?
What big names has Khabib's name demanded?
Al Iaqinta?
This approach is assuming Conor Mcgregor somehow has earned the right of a hall of fame veteran.
Well he hasn't; he will sell a million fighting a mailbox whether he were to lose to Gaethje or not, and Mcgregor should be entering his prime.

Another sterling example of the UFC painting a terrible picture of mma history rather than letting it unfold as it is earned.

Cowboy's gonna get starched just as bad as he did vs. Justin if not worse.

Now Cowboy deserves the payday, certainly, after being shafted for a decade. But let's not paint a picture on the wrong side of the canvas.

View: https://youtu.be/OuvEJ-U1UDc

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I have no issue with Conor getting the title fight because this is a business and the UFC needs to cash in on the biggest star MMA has ever seen during the short window they have with him. What I do have an issue with is Dana trying to bullshit everyone with some contrived justification. Just own it man. Don’t belittle your fans.
This. Conor will get outclassed even worse the second time, if that's possible.
I like watching his fights, but it's just a waste to put him in with Khabib, unless he's gonna start fighting consistently again.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Do they really think Gaethje is too good for Conor? I like Justin but he's very KOable by someone like McGregor, and look at the difference in their performances against Poirier and Alvarez. Regarding his title shot, he's hardly on a run similar to the next challenger Tony, they gave him James Vick not that long ago to help him get back on track lol.