Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
We are 1 week away from the season premiere. If you're not a complete loser, you're already caught up on all 5 seasons and ready to rock.

Can't say that I am optimistic about the show going ahead of the books or Bran Stark's faggot ass being a major character this season. Oh well, let's do this shit.

No spoiler tags in this bitch. If you're behind on episodes, stay the fuck outta the thread.

This would be my walkout music if I was a fighter.

Last edited:

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Should we all change our avatars to a House Bolton sigil in an act of solidarity for the one true king?

Good.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Priziesthorse Power Rankings

1. Ramsay Bolton
2. Peter Baelish aka Littlefinger
3. Melisandre
4. Tyrion Lannister
5. Bronn

Worst Characters

The entire Stark family!

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I didn't watch a single trailer or anything on season 6, just wanna go in it fresh. If they can avoid some of the weaknesses of seasons 4 and 5, and the pace of the big stories pick up a little, I will be a happy camper!

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I didn't watch a single trailer or anything on season 6, just wanna go in it fresh. If they can avoid some of the weaknesses of seasons 4 and 5, and the pace of the big stories pick up a little, I will be a happy camper!
You're like Zeph with not watching trailers. I don't have that kind of willpower.

I thought season 5 was the weakest. The pacing was all wrong imo.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
You're like Zeph with not watching trailers. I don't have that kind of willpower.

I thought season 5 was the weakest. The pacing was all wrong imo.
Dorne ruined season 5. It was also the sharpest diversion from the books. Of course there will need to be some differences between the two formats, but that part was completely written for the show, which leaves me nervous about season 6.

Also why do people need to watch trailers, especially people that are clued in on movies/tv shows? Generally, those kind of people will know what they want to watch by looking at the directors, actors, small plot summary, and word of mouth. Trailers are made to show all the best parts, because that has been proven to increase sales, but if you are going to watch it anyway then you are only lessening your enjoyment for when you do watch it.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dorne ruined season 5. It was also the sharpest diversion from the books. Of course there will need to be some differences between the two formats, but that part was completely written for the show, which leaves me nervous about season 6.

Also why do people need to watch trailers, especially people that are clued in on movies/tv shows. Generally, those kind of people will know what they want to watch by looking at the directors, actors, small plot summary, and worth of mouth. Trailers are made to show all the best parts, because that has been proven to increase sales, but if you are going to watch it anyway then you are only lessening your enjoyment for when you do watch it.
I can forgive the Dorne storyline because of....

M

member 3289

Put a spoiler warning in the title because I'm not spoiler tagging everything.

If these fuckers don't bring Jon Snow back I swear to GOD I'm going to fucking rage.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

Also why do people need to watch trailers, especially people that are clued in on movies/tv shows. Generally, those kind of people will know what they want to watch by looking at the directors, actors, small plot summary, and worth of mouth. Trailers are made to show all the best parts, because that has been proven to increase sales, but if you are going to watch it anyway then you are only lessening your enjoyment for when you do watch it.
Dorne was really not well written nor executed, and the overly soap-opera'ish and slow Daenerys-plotline was a weakness as well. And Oberyn really made me have high hopes for Dorne..

I agree on your stance on trailers, I only watch them if I don't know what its about and to see whether it could interest me or not.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Let us take a moment to acknowledge the New Jersey school system that helped mold the mind of George R.R. Martin. None of this would have come to fruition had George been raised in a state like Florida.

M

member 3289

I can only post once an hour until Tuesday. All other threads will have to wait, as I will be using my posts exclusively in this thread.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Guys, this might be the greatest Reddit post these eyes have ever seen.

"I'm surprised it took me so long, but I just made the connection - House Bolton is exactly like the every other house in Westeros, only without the skin.

Everywhere in Westeros, the powerful rule over the powerless with the threat of violence & cruelty. Everywhere in Westeros, women are married off like property, with no control over their lives or their bodies. Everywhere in Westeros, alliances are made or broken for profit & convenience, regardless of what's legal or honourable.

What distinguishes House Bolton is that they don't dress any of that up; they don't pretend to do what they do for honor or religion, and then they're cruel & brutal they own it. Whats more, in doing so, they flay the pretense off of every house that deals with them. If the Starks, the Freys or the Lannisters weren't all playing by exactly the same rules of expedience, they'd turn the Boltons away rather then do business with them.
"A flayed man has no secrets" isn't the Boltons bragging about how effective their torture is; they're referring to themselves. The secret the rest of Westeros is keeping is that they're just like the Boltons."

M

member 3289

Here's what has me convinced Jon Snow is coming back:

A picture of him on set for season 6, wearing Stark clothing (if he dies and is brought back by Melisandre, who is under the umbrella, he'll be free of his duties to the Night's Watch)

And here's a picture of him in battle, taken from the season 6 trailer in the OP.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
We are 1 week away from the season premiere. If you're not a complete loser, you're already caught up on all 5 seasons and ready to rock.

Can't say that I am optimistic about the show going ahead of the books or Bran Stark's faggot ass being a major character this season. Oh well, let's do this shit.

No spoiler tags in this bitch. If you're behind on episodes, stay the fuck outta the thread.

This would be my walkout music if I was a fighter.

I'm a complete loser