General Game Of Thrones season 8 pushed to 2019

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Game of Thrones final season of six episodes to air in 2019

Season eight began production in October and is expected to wrap up in mid-2018 before HBO releases it the following year
Reuters

Fri 5 Jan ‘18 00.21 GMT

Game of Thrones fans will have to wait until 2019 for the planned final season of the award-winning series, a gap of more than a year since the end of season seven.

Cable channel HBO said on Thursday that the program would return in 2019 for a six-episode final season. It did not specify the month.

The series is HBO’s biggest hit ever with some 30 million viewers in the United States alone and an army of devoted fans worldwide.

The final season is expected to reveal which of the warring families in the fictional Seven Kingdoms of Westeros will win the multigenerational struggle for control of the Iron Throne.

Production on the final season started in October, and filming is expected to last until mid-2018. HBO’s head of programming, Casey Bloys, has said multiple endings will be filmed to avoid leaks or hacks of how the saga ends.

Show creators, David Benioff and D B Weiss, told Entertainment Weekly in 2016 that they wanted to make the series finale as spectacular as possible. HBO said on Thursday that Benioff and Weiss will also direct the final season.

The long gap between seasons seven and eight will give author George RR Martin the chance to finish one or two new Game of Thrones books that he said in July he was working on. The television series has already advanced beyond the events of Martin’s five published A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels.

Game of Thrones final season of six episodes to air in 2019

Attention @conor mcgregor nut hugger

Last edited:

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Six episodes left and a rumoured budget per episode of 15 million. 90 million dollar budget for a season of a tv show who would’ve ever guessed that could happen 10 years ago?

I hope the writing is s bit better than last season but it’s going to be a long wait till next year.

M

member 3289

Didn't he like... die? I did watch the mountain at Arnold classics though. Guy is huge, and to think Mcgregor beat him up during sparring.
You'll have to watch the show, but I'll just say that Jon Snow is the greatest hero of any TV show or movie or story, ever.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My wife and I binge watched the shit out of GOT and just finished Season 7 last week. What an amazing series.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
My wife and I binge watched the shit out of GOT and just finished Season 7 last week. What an amazing series.
I think I'll likely rewatch the whole thing before the last season. I can't remember fuck all from the first couple of seasons, it will be like a new show again.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I have yet to see the first episode. I am in the middle of breaking bad. For years now.
Middle of Breaking bad is a bit slow -- early seasons and final seasons are the best.

First couple seasons of GOT are great, you have to see Season 1 ...from there its up to you if you want to continue.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Sucks it's only going to be 6 episodes. Will have to watch the entire series again after it's over.