Garden Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
It’s my first time growing broccoli and it seems to be going well.

This picture is just of one of my plants. It’s nothing special yet but I thought the picture looked cool.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Just bought a bale of sunshine mix #4 and a couple tomato plants.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
they will eat them

but the slime is a bitch so it is low priority...snails are a delicacy for chickens
My moms don't. They like anything with a crunchy shell or larves but slugs are ignored unfortunately. I heard many people say theirs don't eat slugs either.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My moms don't. They like anything with a crunchy shell or larves but slugs are ignored unfortunately. I heard many people say theirs don't eat slugs either.
It is all about how hungry they are...after a day or two of hungry bellies chickens eat everything they can find

I knew a guy who was shitty at feeding them and giving them water...they would eat everything that moved and stripped the bark off of sticks for calories

I bet your mom and other people are giving the chickens deluxe life and surplus calories

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
It is all about how hungry they are...after a day or two of hungry bellies chickens eat everything they can find

I knew a guy who was shitty at feeding them and giving them water...they would eat everything that moved and stripped the bark off of sticks for calories

I bet your mom and other people are giving the chickens deluxe life and surplus calories
Dirty water is a sure way to disease!

But ya they have too much to eat where they're at not because my mom over feeds but bugs mecca to the farm like crazy.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
staking up my tomatoes today...they are ground creepers by nature but these babies are going vertical to save space
Our tomatoes are slowing down from the heat, but we got a good harvest yesterday. Yellow pear and I don’t know what the red/purple ones are but they’re tasty!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yumm

you have an early harvest
It's a late harvest in TX time. Tomatoes do well in the spring, and then they go dormant during the hottest part of the summer. They'll stay alive but won't fruit (at least not a lot). And then they'll kick up again as summer fades into fall.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Winter planting in Sydney.
Just after winter solstice.

Peas
Leeks
Silver beet
Spring Onion
Purple broccoli
Normal broccoli
Cauliflower

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Winter planting in Sydney.
Just after winter solstice.

Peas
Leeks
Silver beet
Spring Onion
Purple broccoli
Normal broccoli
Cauliflower

just had summer solstice 2 days back here...I want more darkness asap

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
It's finally warming up around here, looking to have my planting done this weekend. I usually go with root veggies and herbs. Have a lot of success with rosemary. Was considering doing indoor containers for mass sweet potatoe growth.
Domo benny, HNNNGGG