Garden Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I rent, so it was difficult, but I managed to convince the owners their cherry tree was dead, chopped it down, diced it into cherry chips, and smoked some freshly caught king salmon with it.

Before the salmon, I tilled up the yard and built a 10'x20' garden box.
I built a sifter, and sifted 2' deep.
I used double-stacked 4x8's for the walls, cored them with 1 1/4" auger, and staked them with 1/2" emt.

This is my first time attempting to grow anything, so I bought a solar soil test kit and a few other things.
It didn't turn out like I'd hoped because I got a late start and there was a lot going on but I'm pretty proud of my zucchini, basil, corn, and cabbage.

Next year the whole Box will be full but for the fall crop this year is just gonna be a ton of spinach lettuce beets and carrots I hope.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I rent, so it was difficult, but I managed to convince the owners their cherry tree was dead, chopped it down, diced it into cherry chips, and smoked some freshly caught king salmon with it.

Before the salmon, I tilled up the yard and built a 10'x20' garden box.
I built a sifter, and sifted 2' deep.
I used double-stacked 4x8's for the walls, cored them with 1 1/4" auger, and staked them with 1/2" emt
I'm hoping to buy my first rent house in 2019. I'd kill to have a tenant like you lol.

Great stuff man

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm hoping to buy my first rent house in 2019. I'd kill to have a tenant like you lol.

Great stuff man

Seriously. Every house I leave is better than I left it.
When I moved in, that backyard was weeds, 5-6' high.
I'm not exaggerating when I say you could have had a classroom of 1st graders standing in the yard and not be able to see so much as the colors of their shirts.

I've got some pictures somewhere, But there was a pile of debris 10' around by 6 and a 1/2 feet tall laying in a pile. After I cleared it I found stairs and timed lights that went up to a gate opening, so I manicured it replaced the rotted wood, cleared out the debtis and filled with gravel.
I moved in with no refrigerator or washing machine both of which I have supplied.
There was no dining room light, none of the switches were grounded, the faucet was busted....all done.

I've painted the fence when it was graffiti'd and just yesterday the ivy that was growing over the sidewalk I cleared, as well as 100' of weeds down the entire sidewalk which took me about 6 hours start to finish.

Today it's the gutters, tomorrow pressure wash, then moss treat the roof.

Before & after, my dime.

Kinda looks like a normal sidewalk eh?
City wouldn't do jack.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This next one, was the discovery under the debris, thought to be hillside.
One at a time a replaced rotted pieces from tossed out lumber from a construction site.
Then threw in some temp stones.
Needs attention, I know...

I've changed all locks and doorknobs, installed garage lights and front/back motion lights, security system, replaced 2 sets of blinds, fixed 3 sets, fixed the washing machine when it broke, toilet seat, garage door opener, doorstops, lights....what else??

They're of Cambodian descent, great family.
But getting anything out of them is like pulling teeth, so...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Making some plans for the garden
Procuring seeds
establishing contacts
fertilizing beds with the chicken's shit
trimming back the Loganberrie Fence and also trimming the Blueberries

I feel big things for the 2019 growing season

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I have a grow light under my kitchen counter fro basil and a few other herbs, have been thinking of trying out some microgreens. Anyone try growing those?

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Making some plans for the garden
Procuring seeds
establishing contacts
fertilizing beds with the chicken's shit
trimming back the Loganberrie Fence and also trimming the Blueberries

I feel big things for the 2019 growing season

Damn those look amazing.

Canadian govt finally has seeds on its website so the green light is flashing for everyone to have up to 4 plants per household.

The door have been opened to using any seeds as the govt cant prove what strain your plants are... but what they currently have available on the BC website are:

1. The Bakerstreet cultivar is an indica-dominant THC strain. Its dense and deep green buds are highlighted with ochre-hued pistils and covered with trichomes. Terpinolene is the terpene that gives this strain its scent of juniper. 15-24%THC / 0-0.7%CBD

2. Argyle (Nordle) is an indica-dominant strain with a balanced THC-to-CBD ratio and low to medium THC potency. Argyle's verdant green buds are quite dense and are accented by orange hairs. The terpenes myrcene and caryophyllene give Argyles aroma clove-like notes, layered with more earthy hints from the complexity of myrcene. 2-10% THC & CBD
ARGYLE SEEDS

Any thoughts on the seeds.

I have both outdoor beds, space for plants in pots or bails and a greenhouse.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Oh and the garlic is already sprouted with all our good weather. Should be a good batch this year!

Thinking of planting some greens and radish this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damn those look amazing.

Canadian govt finally has seeds on its website so the green light is flashing for everyone to have up to 4 plants per household.

The door have been opened to using any seeds as the govt cant prove what strain your plants are... but what they currently have available on the BC website are:

1. The Bakerstreet cultivar is an indica-dominant THC strain. Its dense and deep green buds are highlighted with ochre-hued pistils and covered with trichomes. Terpinolene is the terpene that gives this strain its scent of juniper. 15-24%THC / 0-0.7%CBD

2. Argyle (Nordle) is an indica-dominant strain with a balanced THC-to-CBD ratio and low to medium THC potency. Argyle's verdant green buds are quite dense and are accented by orange hairs. The terpenes myrcene and caryophyllene give Argyles aroma clove-like notes, layered with more earthy hints from the complexity of myrcene. 2-10% THC & CBD
ARGYLE SEEDS

Any thoughts on the seeds.

I have both outdoor beds, space for plants in pots or bails and a greenhouse.
those pics were my plants when young
I ended up using a ladder to harvest them...they were like 8 feet

As for seeds Post in the Weed related thread...I just use random seeds like a moron and usually clones(that are mislabeled)
Papa chignon and jason know much more about seeds and even your climate maybe

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Unfortunately not for the caterpillets because they burrow inside the center of the plant and dusting doesn't get inside. They chew the cabbage from the inside out.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Unfortunately not for the caterpillets because they burrow inside the center of the plant and dusting doesn't get inside. They chew the cabbage from the inside out.
start early when there is nowhere to hide
I did this last year and it cut way down on the leave bitting little bugs that attack most types of leaves
it does kill many beneficial insects also, so it is a catch 22