General *Gas Price Thread* - Post here and Track Biden-flation.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
The charge isn’t free either and a home charging station runs roughly 2k installed

no matter where you try to charge them at home or anywhere at all, with reports of rolling black outs and/or brown outs good luck charging anything

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Wtf, is this a regular thing over there? For gas or for other things as well?

Y'all crazy.
I saw this practice start popping up in gas stations a few years ago.
The store pays the credit card company a percentage - so some gas stations started tacking that on to the price so they aren't eating it.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I'm cutting down trees and burning shit all day today. Manly shit. Heading out shortly.
I'm not making a special trip to provide you with proof. When I'm driving to/from work next week I'll post pics as I come across them.
Any pics yet? I am asking in honour of cmnh of course.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Any pics yet? I am asking in honour of cmnh of course.
Oh shit. I forgot all about this. I pass a house on my way to golf on Friday that has some stuff up but I forgot to snap a pic. It's tastefully done so I doubt they'll take it down anytime soon. Still not going to make a special trip - but remind me on Friday morning and I'll see if I can get an action shot as I drive by.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Oh shit. I forgot all about this. I pass a house on my way to golf on Friday that has some stuff up but I forgot to snap a pic. It's tastefully done so I doubt they'll take it down anytime soon. Still not going to make a special trip - but remind me on Friday morning and I'll see if I can get an action shot as I drive by.
That’s a lot of words to just say you were full o bullshit

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
But the pipeline!!!!!!

View attachment 70367
I'd be interested to see where they are gathering their data from. Charts are neat and colorful. Doesn't always mean they are factual. I wonder if they are including the reserves in these numbers?

Production is down. That isn't really being disputed. GOP blaims Biden's policies. Dems blame the oil companies for not drilling on approved leases. The irony is they are both right.

Even though the U.S. oil rig count has climbed for a record 18 months in a row, the increases have been small and oil production was still far from pre-pandemic record levels as many companies focus more on returning money to investors rather than boosting output.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That’s a lot of words to just say you were full o bullshit
I know your goal here is for me to waste 45 minutes of my Sunday to drive out to where I know this is and snap a picture. It's not going to happen, bucco!

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I wonder if Trump cutting domestic oil production lead to any of these issues with companies not wanting to pump?

1655044452181.png

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
FU45

#AlternativeFacts

Wait the closest example is 45 min drive away? I though you said you were seeing this everywhere?
I live in the sticks, bro.
22-1/2 minutes there. 22-1/2 minutes back.

People around where I live are still firmly entrenched in the FUCK JOE BIDEN AND FUCK YOU FOR VOTING FOR HIM crowd. "Let's Go Brandon" is a popular sticker for truck windows. I can snap a ton of those pics if you want.

The FU46 is more subtle. Classy. Intelligent. I believe that is what my comment was but I'm pretty dumb and don't exactly remember nor do I feel like finding it because I know if I'm a little bit wrong you'll find it for me and point it out. ;)

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I wonder if Trump cutting domestic oil production lead to any of these issues with companies not wanting to pump?

View attachment 70369
If you remember, oil went negative in one glorious day. Russia and Saudi were trying to out-fuck each other. Times were a bit different then. It led to Trump saying to OPEC+, bros...We need to chill. Not completely unlike Biden begging OPEC+ to bump production. Different times call for different policies.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
If you remember, oil went negative in one glorious day. Russia and Saudi were trying to out-fuck each other. Times were a bit different then. It led to Trump saying to OPEC+, bros...We need to chill. Not completely unlike Biden begging OPEC+ to bump production. Different times call for different policies.
And those policies have long term effects. Trump cut domestic oil production and now prices are high.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And those policies have long term effects. Trump cut domestic oil production and now prices are high.
He cut production to keep prices from going too low. It was a give-and-take deal with OPEC+. But you know that.

Biden is dealing with a different issue as it was his Day 1 agenda to give a middle finger to the industry. That move wasn't economically motivated - it was motivated by clean energy initiatives. Sort of ironic as here in America we have strict laws on pollution when it comes to oil drilling. That's not the case in the countries where Biden has been begging them to drill, drill, drill.

Last time I checked we only have one earth. I don't think it cares if the oil is processed in Texas or Saudi Arabia.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016