Gastelum: I won’t accept any other fight than a title shot

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Oh, Kelvin. We all know you are going to accept another fight...

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

Right before his UFC 224 fight against Ronaldo Souza, Kelvin Gastelum wanted nothing but a convincing win, specifically a first-round knockout. For him, this was the only way he should be granted the next shot at the UFC’s middleweight title.

Gastelum did end up with a split-decision victory over the number two-ranked Jacare. Now, the 26-year-old TUF 17 alum says he would not be accepting any other fight unless it would be for the 185-pound title.

“I definitely feel like a title shot should be next,” Gastelum during the UFC 224 post-fight press conference. “I don’t think I’d accept any other fight than the…

Kelvin Gastelum: I don’t think I’d accept any other fight than the title shot
oh well enjoy retirement Kelvin, you've earned it

peace

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
if he gets the next title shot fair play to him for making a stand, but I don't think playing chicken with the UFC is a great idea
I didn't read his comments as overly demanding really. I think he's got a solid case for next shot especially if Weidman is still out nursing his thumb. I think it's great that he's staying at MW and having success for always being the smaller man.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I totally get why fighters do this, but I still hate it. I wish the UFC would come up with a way to mitigate the huge financial incentive to sit and wait, rather than fight, when you're this close to a title shot.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
love to see kelvin scrap vs Whitaker, I think Kelvin is the one that could give Whitaker a good challenge on the feet