Gastelum vs Adesanya at UFC 236 for interim title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

With middleweight champion Robert Whittaker still recovering from an abdominal hernia, the UFC has booked an interim title fight between Kelvin Gastelum and Israel Adesanya for UFC 236, president Dana White told ESPN on Tuesday.

The pay-per-view event, scheduled for April 13, will take place at a venue to be determined.

Gastelum (15-3) was supposed to challenge Whittaker (20-4) for the 185-pound title at UFC 234 earlier this month in Melbourne, Australia. However, the bout was canceled just hours before the event after Whittaker, 28, was hospitalized with an abdominal hernia and underwent emergency surgery that day.

Whittaker, who fights out of Sydney, Australia, is still recovering from the procedure. His management recently told ESPN he is hoping to return this summer.

In the meantime, Gastelum will meet Adesanya (16-0), who is coming off a decision win over Anderson Silva at UFC 234. The undefeated Nigerian challenger is 5-0 in the UFC, with all five wins coming within a span of 12 months

Adesanya replaces injured Whittaker for UFC 236

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I wanna bet your girlfriend too. Will you be willing to work out a schedule of renaming me with him in the impossible scenario where I lose?

This is all hypothetical of course. Kelvin will smash him to pieces

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
King Kelvin will beat the shit outta gender bender

Just you watch
This^
Easy tune-up for teh true Champ Gastelum until Knuckles is ready mentally and physically while keeping the belt warm in anticipation of the war crimes KG is gonna do to him...