Lifestyle Gave my cats a haircut

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
When their hair is at full length the shedding just becomes unbearable
Yeah man, and I used to be highly allergic to cats. Then we got this one and it’s not nearly as bad, but it still can’t be good. Now he’s all buzzed down and I can pet him. Before I just stayed away from him for the most part.

M

member 3289

This is a real thing? I have a long hair that sheds like nuts. Do you do it or take it somewhere? Bandit dem clippers are comin fo yo ass.
I bought a set of clippers at a pet supply store. If you maintain them well, they will last.

Whether or not you do it yourself depends on your cat's temperament and on you. Most of the people in this thread are betas who are scared of their cats.

If my cat ever scratched or bit me in a way that wasn't clearly play I would throw that fucker through a god damn wall.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I bought a set of clippers at a pet supply store. If you maintain them well, they will last.

Whether or not you do it yourself depends on your cat's temperament and on you. Most of the people in this thread are betas who are scared of their cats.

If my cat ever scratched or bit me in a way that wasn't clearly play I would throw that fucker through a god damn wall.
I would imagine doing it myself (GF) would be better than getting her into the carrier. They both hate that. The long hair gets dander as well. I think this is a great idea.

M

member 3289

I would imagine doing it myself (GF) would be better than getting her into the carrier. They both hate that. The long hair gets dander as well. I think this is a great idea.
If you have a screened-in porch, I recommend doing it outside

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
My cat weighs 22 pounds and fucks up dogs all of the time. He chases deer out of my yard. He bites birds in half, not small birds, crows.

Call me beta but nobody is shaving my cat without losing their face.

M

member 3289

That’s where they get brushed. They’re good for about 3-4 minutes then they want out.
No cat loves the experience, but it does get a little easier with time. My cat doesn't bite or scratch because he knows better but he refuses to sit still for me, which makes the process very difficult.

You can always grab the cat by the scruff of the neck to immobilize her. That will work for maybe half the areas you need to shave. Also make sure the clipper blade doesn't get too hot.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
My cat weighs 22 pounds and fucks up dogs all of the time. He chases deer out of my yard. He bites birds in half, not small birds, crows.

Call me beta but nobody is shaving my cat without losing their face.
I don’t care if someone thinks I’m a pussy with my cats. My calm easy going one can get brutal when I have to hold her to give her meds. My long hair puts those claws out if the wind blows. She likes to sit on my lap only in my office. If I move suddenly and need to get her off, claws. She ruins all my gym shirts.

What is it with cats coming in the bathroom when your taking a shit?