Geek Introduction

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
Awesome thread. I haven't collected since Disney bought Marvel and ruined Spidey for me but I will buy trades every now and again. Incognito is going to be made a film soon. Anyone read it?

DireWill

Lurker
Sep 9, 2015
Hello there -- I'm a newbie here but also a geek ;) I'm into reading/writing Fantasy/sci-fi but love Comics too. Big big Daredevil fan. Anyway--shy-hi :)

Pepper Russ

Oct 13, 2015
Mostly a fan of Spider-man, Thor, the X-men, and Punisher. I also enjoy reading the comics for overarching arcs (Ex. secret wars, secret invasion, etc.) I mainly focus my time on marvel comics, but I do read dc comcis from time to time if the specific storyline is good.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
Mostly a fan of Spider-man, Thor, the X-men, and Punisher. I also enjoy reading the comics for overarching arcs (Ex. secret wars, secret invasion, etc.) I mainly focus my time on marvel comics, but I do read dc comcis from time to time if the specific storyline is good.
Grew up on Marvel and made mine Marvel right up until the Disney take over. I only buy trades now.

Pepper Russ

Oct 13, 2015
Grew up on Marvel and made mine Marvel right up until the Disney take over. I only buy trades now.
I first learned of Marvel via the X-men cartoons in the '90s. Then Spider-man came along. Read some of the comics. I am a fan of the trades and omnibusses since it makes it easy to get the entire story arc in one piece. Used marvel unlimited for a while and binged the archives but did not like the UI and the app was very unstable when I was a subscriber (I heard that it has improved).

oioisavvy

Oct 24, 2015
Hello fellow geeks.
I'm 41, from England and was a massive comic geek until I had kids.
I mainly read 2000ad, most marvel and green lantern and losh from dc growing up and my tastes hardly varied.
These days I'm catching up on marvel and dc thanks to digital comics.
I use the same name on the ug, and my real name on the Facebook group.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
Not much of a technical geek but I do love me some comics, animation, video games, Sci fi, and fantasy. Iron man, AKIRA, Metal Gear, Predator and anything Game of Thrones related especially.

Jtrigg

Nov 27, 2015
Not really a fan of American comics, obsessed with several manga however (Berserk, Vagabond, etc). Play 2d fighting games competitively, love rpgs, and cult films. Considered pretty geeky I guess lol.

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
Hello fellow geeks.
I'm 41, from England and was a massive comic geek until I had kids.
I mainly read 2000ad, most marvel and green lantern and losh from dc growing up and my tastes hardly varied.
These days I'm catching up on marvel and dc thanks to digital comics.
I use the same name on the ug, and my real name on the Facebook group.
oioisavvy may be too modest, he is also a comics trivia master!

Nova

Prime
Oct 31, 2016
Hey guys, just joined from the old site and good to see a lot of old faces I remember (Mark, Stick and Leigh the main ones) I was Handy colon on the old site, more of a lurker but some people may recognize the name.

The old site's Geekground died a slow painful death after the fire so I'm glad to see this place seems alive and kicking and looking forward to being able to discuss comics again.

P

Punch

Hey guys, just joined from the old site and good to see a lot of old faces I remember (Mark, Stick and Leigh the main ones) I was Handy colon on the old site, more of a lurker but some people may recognize the name.

The old site's Geekground died a slow painful death after the fire so I'm glad to see this place seems alive and kicking and looking forward to being able to discuss comics again.
Welcome fellow geek! :D

What's you particular flavor of geekdom? What's your jam, homie?