Gegard Mousasi requested Alexander Shlemenko be drug tested for Bellator 185

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

When Gegard Mousasi signed with Bellator earlier this year, the Viacom-owned promotion offered many perks.

One struck Mousasi (42-6-2 MMA, 9-3 UFC) in particular: The freedom to request drug testing of his opponents.

In advance of his debut at Bellator 185, Mousasi is cashing that check early. Alexander Shlemenko (56-9 MMA, 12-3 BMMA), a former middleweight champ and Mousasi’s debut foe, is clean after being tested recently....

Source/more: Gegard Mousasi requested Alexander Shlemenko be drug tested for Bellator 185

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I like that it's part of the contract, and I like what he said about believing Shlemenko should have another chance, and believing he was probably clean for a lot of his fights. I appreciate Mousasi's attitude in this case.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oh shit.
This fight ain't gonna happen is it?

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Surely.
Glad I didn't book my trip to Conneticut.
If he did drop out, I'm sure there's a line of MW's and probably a few LHW's who'd jump at the chance. And Mousasi doesn't give a fuck, so you know he'd be down to fight whoever.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If he did drop out, I'm sure there's a line of MW's and probably a few LHW's who'd jump at the chance. And Mousasi doesn't give a fuck, so you know he'd be down to fight whoever.
Gotta disagree with you there.
Although it's a showcase, I don't think Mousasi's in the risk-taking business anymore.
And I'm not sure there's many anyone wanting to jump in and get there ass kicked by Mousasi without a hefty prize bump.
If Schlemenko pisses hot close to the fight, we're waiting again for Mousasi's debut.
However I can see him still fighting if he's got 2 weeks to prep for a new opponent, which is like right now.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
I can see him still fighting if he's got 2 weeks to prep for a new opponent, which is like right now.
We've still got four weeks till this fight.

And maybe he'd say no- if they brought him a short notice style change, I could see that being a problem. But say they went to Hisaki Kato, or Joe Schilling. Same style, and I guess they could request a hefty pay raise to fight him, but I bet just the chance of adding a win over Mousasi would be enough for them to jump at the oppurtunity.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Well everyone passed the first wave of drug tests. Shlemenko passed the drug tests for his fight with Grove, so I guess everything should be fine. My only concern is if Mousasi fights anatoly tokov. Then it's all over

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
I wonder which party pays for the testing.
And I don't mean that negatively, just wondering how the process work.
Any ideas?