Gegard Mousasi says media fed a delusion on Ronda Rousey, who ‘can’t even kick or punch’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Gegard Mousasi is never one to sugarcoat his ideas and opinions.

And he was at it again this week, when he spoke to Today in Singapore during a visit to promote the UFC’s return to Kallang, on June 17.

This time it was when he was asked about fallen former bantamweight star Ronda Rousey, who lost a second consecutive fight at UFC 207 in December against Amanda Nunes. Mousasi said that Rousey was built up in the media as something she was not.

“She’s a good fighter, she has the mentality of a fighter, but she doesn’t have the skills of a stand-up fighter,” he said.

“How can the media make her one of the best fighters when she can’t even kick or punch? That’s like Serena Williams [playing] without a backhand. How do they make her the greatest fighter of all time?”

Mousasi says media fed a delusion on Rousey, who ‘can’t even kick or punch’

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I mean, kinda redundant to state this at this point, no?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We need to work on making your thread titles more provocative. That's how you get the clicks, my man.

Maybe try changing that one to "Mousasi Puts Entire mw Division ON BLAST".
You're right. I often select pictures that I find better suited for my agenda but being staff here some people cry over stuff like that.

M

member 3289

Moose asked ten questions about UFC mw division you'll never guess the answer to number 7!!
Too long and not provocative enough.

But at the same time, we don't want to go to the opposite end of the spectrum and make something too short and too provocative (e.g. Mousasi DESTROYS 185!!!!)

The goal is to go half retard.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Too long and not provocative enough.

But at the same time, we don't want to go to the opposite end of the spectrum and make something too short and too provocative (e.g. Mousasi DESTROYS 185!!!!)

The goal is to go half retard.
Couldn't we just go to the OG and read a Kirik thread for shitty over the top click-bait threads?

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Gegard is spot on....He has a nasty side which he has held in for a long time

Mofo speaks the truth...Ronda is 6-2 in UFC and the division had 4 people in it half of that time....not even close to goat at anything...she does have a great judo and arm bar skills...Rogan said she could beat some male MMA fighters LOL...never living that one down