General General movie discussion (news, reviews, whatever)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
saw Hostiles on Netflix just now

Christian bale and Magwa are in it

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
saw Hostiles on Netflix just now

Christian bale and Magwa are in it
I saw it.

It's a good film. Definitely well made with beautiful cinematography. Though a bit slow and harsh, so viewers should probably know what they're getting into before they press Play. It's certainly not a fun popcorn Western like Tombstone.

My main complaint about the film is that Bale's characters' change is a little too sudden. This man who's utterly hated Indians all of his life is transformed nearly overnight? But hey, I think you have to make some concessions when filmmakers only have two hours to work with.

It's definitely a solid Western. Also, Rosamund Pike was fucking excellent.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Mmm . . . no.

Paul Walker's brothers hope to help bring his character back to 'Fast & Furious'

Could Paul Walker’s family once again help reunite the Fast & Furious family?

After the late actor’s tragic death in 2013 during a break from filming Furious 7, Caleb and Cody Walker stepped in to complete the project as Paul’s face was superimposed over their performances, including for the emotional final scene.

“I just hope we get to — I don’t know — have a little cameo and bring Paul back to save the day and I get to help create that again,” Caleb recently told the AP while promoting Paramount Network’s documentary I Am Paul Walker. “That’s my dream and I hope we get to do that in one of the future movies.”

Walker’s Brian O’Conner is still alive in the mega-franchise and was mentioned multiple times in last year’s The Fate of the Furious, the first installment filmed entirely since Walker’s death. And with the upcoming Fast 9 and Fast 10 set to possibly wrap up the worldwide phenomenon that their brother helped start, Caleb and Cody hope they — and Paul — can be a part of it.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Liam Neeson Snowplow Action Pic ‘Hard Powder’ To Make Trails This Winter; Charlize Theron-Seth Rogen Comedy ‘Flarsky’ Heads To Summer

In the movie directed by Hans Petter Moland, Neeson plays Nels Coxman, a local snowplow operator recently named Citizen of the Year of his small Colorado ski town for keeping the roads open through the winter. Nels’ quiet life with his wife (Laura Dern) abruptly spins out of control when their son is unjustly murdered by a local drug cartel. Taking the law into his own hands with only the tools of an outdoorsman and snowplow driver, Nels sets out to find those responsible but inadvertently ignites a gang war that threatens to engulf the town- unless he ends it first.

Bros...

Bros...

Are you as hyped for this as I am? Liam Neeson is an ass-kicking snowplow driver?

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Liam Neeson Snowplow Action Pic ‘Hard Powder’ To Make Trails This Winter; Charlize Theron-Seth Rogen Comedy ‘Flarsky’ Heads To Summer

In the movie directed by Hans Petter Moland, Neeson plays Nels Coxman, a local snowplow operator recently named Citizen of the Year of his small Colorado ski town for keeping the roads open through the winter. Nels’ quiet life with his wife (Laura Dern) abruptly spins out of control when their son is unjustly murdered by a local drug cartel. Taking the law into his own hands with only the tools of an outdoorsman and snowplow driver, Nels sets out to find those responsible but inadvertently ignites a gang war that threatens to engulf the town- unless he ends it first.

Bros...

Bros...

Are you as hyped for this as I am? Liam Neeson is an ass-kicking snowplow driver?

First off, I legit LOLd when I hit this part:

"Taking the law into his own hands with only the tools of an outdoorsman and snowplow driver. . ."

Second off, yeah, that sounds pretty awesome. I remember a little while back Liam Neeson was saying he was retiring from the action/thriller genre. "C'mon guys, I'm sixty-fucking-five years old!" I recall him saying.

I guess he decided fuck all that.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
First off, I legit LOLd when I hit this part:

"Taking the law into his own hands with only the tools of an outdoorsman and snowplow driver. . ."

Second off, yeah, that sounds pretty awesome. I remember a little while back Liam Neeson was saying he was retiring from the action/thriller genre. "C'mon guys, I'm sixty-fucking-five years old!" I recall him saying.

I guess he decided fuck all that.

I wrote him a letter and he reconsidered

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Watched “Bully” 2 nights ago.....never heard of it but it was really good.

I thought “really good movie, a little far fetched but really good and believable enough”.

They don’t list it as a true story in the description I read on sky but it turns out that it is true........bad selling job on sky’s part

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Watching The Impossible now.
WOW, highly recommend.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
As do Pam and I. I should watch that again one of these days.

She hasn't seen Spiderman yet, either.

Oh, do you have comments on Mads replacing Johnny Depp in the next Fantastic Beasts movie?
Haven’t seen the Fantastic Beasts movies but Mads > Depp all day, every day

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I know someone who agrees with that greatly. Lol.

I haven't seen any outside of the first one, funny enough, considering how much I love HP.
I just recently watched all the Potter movies for the first time. Been meaning to move onto the Fantastics next