General George Floyd body cam released

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cop seemed to set the tone by pulling the gun right off the bat, that being said can't be acting like that. Guy was scared and obviously on something which probably amplified his emotions. Sad all around.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If I'd have acted like that, I'd have been dead at the 4-minute mark.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
So he fought them every step of the way and threw every excuse he could at them. He claimed he couldn't get into the back of the cop car because he was claustrophobic, but he was in a car when the cops arrived.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So he fought them every step of the way and threw every excuse he could at them. He claimed he couldn't get into the back of the cop car because he was claustrophobic, but he was in a car when the cops arrived.
so once he was face down in cuffs, when (if at all) did the force become excessive?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
so once he was face down in cuffs, when (if at all) did the force become excessive?
Once he was face down in cuffs.

The guy was far from a saint. He fought them every step of the way, and has a history. No video I've seen shows what happened between the cops pulling him back out of the car and him on the ground with three cops on him and handcuffs on. The cop shouldn't have been on his neck for eight minutes, but given this video, it isn't surprising the cops didn't react with grave concern when he was saying he couldn't breathe.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Cop seemed to set the tone by pulling the gun right off the bat, that being said can't be acting like that. Guy was scared and obviously on something which probably amplified his emotions. Sad all around.
Seeing that before the cell phone footage paints the whole thing in a completely different light. Minneapolis is gonna burn (more so) when Chauvin walks.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I thought I could pinpoint it on the cell footage, but this paints it in a completely different light. Floyd was complaining he couldn't breathe throughout the entire bodycam video and then asked to be put on the ground. The badycam footage answers the questions of why they'd ignore him when he said he couldn't breathe and why they layed him on the ground to begin with. It definitely undermines the BLM narrative surrounding the case.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It’s still unacceptable to kill him

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It’s still unacceptable to kill him
Yeah.

This vid definitely sheds some light on why they ended up how they ended up, but kneeing on a dude's neck for 8 minutes isn't necessary.

Shit, sit on his butt if you need to hold him down.

Or since there were 4 cops there, grab another set of cuffs and handcuff him to the steering wheel, letting him stand outside the driver side door.

I've seen people act way worse than this dude - who was obviously not right in the head for whatever reason - and they didn't die. I get that cops deal with this shit every day and I'm sure it gets old, but a little compassion goes a long way.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nobody says it wasn't. The video provides context as to why they didn't react when he couldn't breathe, and it offers an explanation as to why he was on the ground in the first place.
There are plenty who have.