General George Foreman regrets fighting Ali.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I still think prime Tyson takes Foreman.
Who knows for sure. The level of talent those guys faced back then - Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman, Holmes - was WAY better than the large collection of cans that Tyson fought. And they all actually fought each other.

Tyson was a great boxer with insane power and a scary quickness. But against any of those guys in their prime? Who knows.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Who knows for sure. The level of talent those guys faced back then - Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman, Holmes - was WAY better than the large collection of cans that Tyson fought. And they all actually fought each other.

Tyson was a great boxer with insane power and a scary quickness. But against any of those guys in their prime? Who knows.
Ron lyle was a MONSTER foreman beat too

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Tyson beats any version of Foreman IMO. He had the power but Tyson's speed would be too much.

George was salty about the Ali fight for years. Claimed they drugged his water (said it tasted like medicine when he drank it), claimed they loosened the ropes so Ali could lay on them, etc. Nice to see he's finally at peace with it.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017

Tyson beats Frazier, Tyson's basically a bigger, stronger, two fisted version of Frazier, beats Norton.
Holmes & Ali drop in straight rights & jabs on Tyson all night. Tyson was too willing to accept clinches to get the work in inside he'd need to do against these two.
Foreman outbullies Tyson, Tyson wanted nothing to do with a 42 year old Foreman, he must've known something.
Would love to see any of those though

I always wished Tyson, Foreman & Sonny Liston were in the primes at the same time, just to see who the biggest bully was

Last edited:

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015

Cmon. Don't act like Tyson was just a can crusher. D'amato era Tyson had excellent footwork, great head movement, cut angles, which opened up the shots he threw.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Tyson would fuck Frazier's world up. That's probably the worst matchup for Frazier you could come up with.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Cmon. Don't act like Tyson was just a can crusher. D'amato era Tyson had excellent footwork, great head movement, cut angles, which opened up the shots he threw.
Tyson was a can crusher.

He certainly had the talent to compete against the guys being mentioned in this thread, but that wasn't reality for boxing at the time. He simply didn't have that level of competition. It's not a criticism, it's reality.

Who was his best win?

Spinks was basically a light heavyweight.
Holmes was 40 years old.

James Tillis (31-8 at time of fight; 44-22-1 career record), Mitch Green (16-1; 19-6-1), James Smith (19-5; 44-17-1), and Tony Tucker (34-0; 57-7) all took Tyson the distance in his hey day.

I guess Tucker was his best win, but you get my point. I think.

There is no doubt that Tyson was awesome. One of the best ever for sure.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I saw Tyson puts away Fraizer quicker and easier than Foreman. He's not lasting 5 rounds with Tyson like he did in the rematch

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Not too mention the vast majority of boxers of highly renowned boxers have heavily padded records. Hell, Floyd was like 48-0 and put an ass whipping on some scrub who never boxed before.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Holmes was 40 years old.
To be fair, Spinks dethroned Larry Holmes and KO'd Gerry Cooney, so he was established at HW. I think Tyson only had 5 or 6 pounds on them when they fought.

Holmes was past his prime but he was a bit of a freak himself, 4 years later he's outboxing Ray Mercer and giving Evander Holyfield a close competitive fight, so he had a lot left in the tank. Tyson the only guy to ever stop him.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Tyson was a can crusher.

He certainly had the talent to compete against the guys being mentioned in this thread, but that wasn't reality for boxing at the time. He simply didn't have that level of competition. It's not a criticism, it's reality.

Who was his best win?

Holmes was 40 years old.

James Tillis (31-8 at time of fight; 44-22-1 career record), Mitch Green (16-1; 19-6-1), James Smith (19-5; 44-17-1), and Tony Tucker (34-0; 57-7) all took Tyson the distance in his hey day.

I guess Tucker was his best win, but you get my point. I think.

There is no doubt that Tyson was awesome. One of the best ever for sure.
Mitch 'Blood' Green was a tough motherfucker. He talked mad shit leading up to that fight, he wanted angry Tyson, got angry Tyson, and lived to talk about it.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Neither guy was at their best in the rematch, read what Foreman's trainers had to say about him post-Ali.
Yeah but you can't compare Foreman post Ali to Frazier at that point. He was a broken man at the end of his rope.

Frazier is not beating either guy but I think Tyson is an even worse match up due to his speed.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Yeah but you can't compare Foreman post Ali to Frazier at that point. He was a broken man at the end of his rope.

Frazier is not beating either guy but I think Tyson is an even worse match up due to his speed.
They were both broken, Frazier more physically & Foreman mentally.

Well 6 knockdowns in 2 rounds on one of the best HW's of all time is tough to top, Tyson would have his work cut out for him

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Well 6 knockdowns in 2 rounds on one of the best HW's of all time is tough to top, Tyson would have his work cut out for him
I say Frazier doesn't last a round! And that pains me to say... I really love Joe Frazier!

Frazier/Ali 1 might be my favourite fight of all time.

In George Plimpton's book Shadowbox, he tells a story of how he went to the hospital with Ali immediately after the fight. The doctors were shocked to find that Ali's hip joints were badly swollen, something they only previously saw in car crash victims.