Georges St-Pierre: MMA has changed, ‘now it’s more WWF’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Georges St-Pierre was away for four years, and was still able to move up a weight class to beat the champion in Michael Bisping. While his skills obviously still translated very well, the two-division champion says a lot has changed during his time away from the UFC.

“The sport has changed. Now it’s more WWF,” GSP said during an appearance at the New York Stock Exchange. “It’s crazy. It wasn’t like that when I left off four years ago. Now it’s crazy — also, I was fighting a guy who likes to trash talk, which is different. It was just a different environment.

“The fans are crazy. Everybody is more into it. It was fun though, I was enjoying the process.”

St-Pierre didn’t really frame “different” as something negative, but…

Georges St-Pierre: MMA has changed, ‘now it’s more WWF’

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't know about all that. Nick Diaz talked shit to him before their fight. So did BJ. So it's not like there wasn't shit talking going on 4 years ago. It's just gone from organic to more scipted now.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I don't know about all that. Nick Diaz talked shit to him before their fight. So did BJ. So it's not like there wasn't shit talking going on 4 years ago. It's just gone from organic to more scipted now.
I don't really know how to tell you this, but WWF/WWE is scripted.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Bisping was talking shit for the sake of talking shit.it was fake to sell a fight.nick diaz meant that shit

M

member 603

We're trying to get a straight answer from him about him fighting Bobby Knuckles, and this motherfucker is talking about pandas

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Fake promotion, but real fighting, I don't like the promotion, but I'm ok with it. It's a necessary evil, take the good with the bad. As long as I get to see guys truly fighting, using multiple martial arts styles and limited rules.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015

Maybe he didn't understand the English back then enough to realize the shit talking and now that his understanding of the English Language has gotten better, he now see's it? Plus the cultural differences ehh?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's exactly like WWF now.

It's absent even a shred of decency. Super trashy.

Last edited:

GSP gets knocked out in short order by Whittaker.

He knows it too.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It's worse now, but GSP and others need to take the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses off.

Do people not remember the Ken Shamrock vs Tito feud? And if we are talking the 'sport', there was this thing called Pride that had some pro wrestling moments that would have made Vince McMahon blush.

MMA has always been WWE-light, the difference now is that even random, non-popular fighters are developing pro wrestling personas

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Fake promotion, but real fighting, I don't like the promotion, but I'm ok with it. It's a necessary evil, take the good with the bad. As long as I get to see guys truly fighting, using multiple martial arts styles and limited rules.
Spitsping deserved that beatdown just by virtue of the garbage emanating form his trash compator pre-fight.
Including his GSP steroid claim which he admitted was just to get under his skin. Well, it worked. lol.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Can't really trash the system after benifitting from it. If he really have a shit, he'd have fought a top contender before taking the MW title shot, or he wouldn't be dragging his feet about unifying against Whitaker.

Last edited:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
^he should've been allowed to wear that for his ifc walk out

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wish it was more WWF.... they would actually have some production value and be MORE entertaining than the two, generic tatted gym rats in a dark cage having a shitty kickboxing match with some hugging that it really is.......