Georges St-Pierre says UFC comeback isn’t ‘official’ yet

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Dana White has said that Georges St-Pierre’s return is official, and they’ve agreed to terms for a comeback fight. Despite the UFC president’s statement, St-Pierre himself says he’s managing expectations and that it’s still not finalized just yet.

The two parties have had discussions for years now, and according to the all-time great, after getting “close” a few times before, he has learned to “to not be too excited for nothing.”

"Nothing official yet," GSP told Neil Davidson of The Canadian Press. "No opponent, no date."

While there are no shortage of big fights and possible opponents available, St-Pierre’s words do coincide with what White said. On Dana’s announcement, he also…

St-Pierre says UFC comeback isn’t ‘official’ yet

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
This sounds like a bit of a semantics to me. He didn't say that he hasn't signed an agreement with the UFC just that he didn't have a date and opponent for a fight.

All I want to know is is whether or not he's under a newly signed contract to fight with the UFC.

StillReal

My name is Mark.
Mar 19, 2016
This sounds like a bit of a semantics to me. He didn't say that he hasn't signed an agreement with the UFC just that he didn't have a date and opponent for a fight.

All I want to know is is whether or not he's under a newly signed contract to fight with the UFC.
He could have signed the contract but that doesn't mean he is going to come back. It just means he is under contract.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He realized he would have to fight the count!

I don't blame him for tucking tail and staying up there in the Canadian forests

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The only thing more boring than GSP's unnecessarily drawn out statements about returning is an unnecessarily drawn out GSP fight.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The only thing more boring than GSP's unnecessarily drawn out statements about returning is an unnecessarily drawn out GSP fight.
He definitely holds the record for most minutes fighting to stay out of the octagon.

Well apart from fedor

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
He's probably having trouble getting any of the Champs to agree to fight him. GSP could take the WW and MW titles in the same night.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
If these two could actually power ranger morph together oh the beatings they would hash out.
The strategy, the distance control, the wrestling, the speed, the one punch power, the confidence, the humble nature that allows them both to learn... That would be quite a nasty fighter.

GJdeux

It's SAND
Mar 2, 2015
sound that like he doesn't consider it "official" until he has an opponent, not that the deal isn't done. Seems like it's much ado about nothing. Like...with the lady. yea, we will spend the rest of our lives together no matter what but a ring makes it "official" lol