Georges St-Pierre suffering from colitis, will be 'out for a minute'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

It appears plans for Georges St-Pierre’s next fight are on hold. The UFC middleweight champion is suffering from colitis and will be out of action indefinitely, according to UFC President Dana White.

White revealed St-Pierre’s (26-2 MMA, 20-2 UFC) medical situation during a media scrum with reporters following tonight’s TUF 26 Finale in Las Vegas.

“They called me yesterday and I think it’s out that he has colitis,” White told MMAjunkie. “So he’s out for a minute.”

St-Pierre made a big return to MMA a month ago after a more than four-year hiatus. He took the 185-pound title with a third-round submission of Michael Bisping at UFC 217. The victory lined him up for a title unification bout with interim champ Robert Whittaker, but now the future is uncertain.

According to emedicinehealth.com, symptoms of colitis may include: abdominal pain, cramping and diarrhea, sometimes with blood in the stool.

White did not offer many details about the severity of St-Pierre’s condition or precisely how long he will be out of action.

Osiris

I'm the Osiris of this shit
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if it has to do with the change in his diet while attempting to bulk up?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Does he like Pina Colitis or was it just the warm smell of Colitis rising up through the air?

No, no, I'll show myself out.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Oh, he has ULCERATIVE COLITIS! That's a bigger deal than just colitis. That's a disease process similar to Crohn's Disease.

is that something someone comes back from and keeps fighting or is that something that forces a person to permanently change their diet?

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Basically his career could be over it depends how severe it is and how it’s treated. The fact he went through a fight camp and beat Bisping with a flare up is incredible. There is no cure (surgery aside)for colitis you just have to manage it with diet and medication. There are sportsman that have managed to balance it like multiple time Olympian Steve Redgrave and Footballer/ soccer player Darren Fletcher but like ai said it depends how bad he has it. It also may explain the bloated gut as it can balloon out when it’s sore.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Basically his career could be over it depends how severe it is and how it’s treated. The fact he went through a fight camp and beat Bisping with a flare up is incredible. There is no cure (surgery aside)for colitis you just have to manage it with diet and medication. There are sportsman that have managed to balance it like multiple time Olympian Steve Redgrave and Footballer/ soccer player Darren Fletcher but like ai said it depends how bad he has it. It also may explain the bloated gut as it can balloon out when it’s sore.
Spot on. I have Crohn's Disease which is treatable by medication and lifestyle which is the flipcoin of UC which is mostly lifestyle and surgery. Drew McFedries had Crohn's, I believe.

T

The Big Guy

Whittakers polite callout and smile gave GSP the shits

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good info.