Lifestyle Getting my second Pfizer shot AMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
My aunt went to the hospital and had to have surgery (bleeding ulcers). She came out with covid. She is in ICU now and we were informed that it's not likely she is going to pull through.

So, thank you.

Edit: well thank you IF it turns out the vaccine keeps you from transmitting the virus.
That sucks.
Sorry to hear that.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Edit: well thank you IF it turns out the vaccine keeps you from transmitting the virus.
It's looking that way. Which is what I was hoping for. Minimize the viral load and minimize the viral shed. Couple that with masks and hand washing and I've avoided getting it despite being in a lot of hot spots for it throughout the state. This should just add a little extra protection.

I'm sorry about your Aunt. Picking up viruses and infections in hospitals post-procedure is a huge concern of mine for everyone. All that it takes sometimes is one person slipping just a little bit and someone else has to pay the consequences. :-(

M

member 3289

If it's available for you to get then I say go for it.

I think that EVERYONE should get it as soon as it's available for them. If old people or people that are at risk aren't stepping up to the plate then you should feel free to do so as it likely will provide a little bit of protection to the slow old fuckers. But if you're shoving old people out of the way and trying to jump the line then I say piss off.

So get it as quickly as you reasonably can.
I'm finna get vaccinated as soon as it is available to me. That may be sooner rather than later because of my job. I'm thinking April.

There really should be more oversight for people who game the system in other states, though I'd like to repeat that it's possible OP did not do that. But in Florida, for example, you have to be deemed high-risk by a hospital provider who currently has vaccines on hand, and there aren't many such places.

As usual, we Floridians tend to be a bit more civilized than the other 49.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
My wife has been trying to get her 90 year old parents set up. She said it's an absolute pain in the ass and there is no way the older generation would be able to figure it out on their own. So it might not be them stepping up to the plate, it might be the system being impossible to navigate for those folks.
Absolutely that's part of it. Fear of the unknown is another part. Fear of having to leave the house and expose yourself is another part. Couple all of those together and it's a horrible storm that leads to inactivity for many.

The lack of resources and information on the "How to" side of signing up is insane. But this is what happens when there has been no strong direction from one area and you leave every state to just try to figure it out on their own.

Probably wait for the 1 shot thing.
I wouldn't.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The lack of resources and information on the "How to" side of signing up is insane. But this is what happens when there has been no strong direction from one area and you leave every state to just try to figure it out on their own.
It's crazy.
Once he lost, I think Trump just washed his hands of the entire ordeal and was like "Good luck, Joe"

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It's crazy.
Once he lost, I think Trump just washed his hands of the entire ordeal and was like "Good luck, Joe"
His entire approach leading up to that was "I'm going to throw money at the vaccine makers but you guys figure the rest out." That applied to masks, to distancing, to everything. A strong leader could have very easily said "These are the minimum guidelines that we recommend for everyone to use. These will be adjusted as information presents itself. We will work with the states to help determine what resources you need from us and make sure that you have all of the information available so that you can adjust these guidelines to best suit your state as a one size fits all approach may not make sense as each state has it's own geographic challenges and advantages to work within."

But no. There was no real leadership being presented. Then it got even worse after the election.

M

member 3289

His entire approach leading up to that was "I'm going to throw money at the vaccine makers but you guys figure the rest out."
Trump deserves credit for this now that we see how important having vaccine production facilities within one's borders is.

But like you said, it wasn't enough. Not even close.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I have said you accused me of raping my 3 month old daughter though.

And I don’t lie.
So it's your son.
Is that why you drink? Does your wife like when you get drunk and angry like this?
what are you trying to imply? Be clearer.

i don’t speak moron.
You know.
Go play with him. It'll make you feel better.

Leigh @Leigh

You say that he denied this?

Splinty @Splinty

So this is him just telling him to go play with his son?

Is this guy really worth losing integrity over?

Actually, if he was my neighbor I'd be defending him until the cows come home. I'm literally afraid of the guy even over the internet.