General Getting over COVID 19 AMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Look into that homeboy. Turns out most of their claims about hydration were just marketing hype. Definitely less sugar than a sports drink, no question, but it's not as good for hydrating. About the same as water if memory serves.
That's me sold then. I tried getting my coconut water on for a while for its health benefits but I just don't really like the taste too much. I find it sort of savoury. I'll stick with Gateorade Zero, green tea and water.

Hope you're doing okay, Matrix @Matrix Wild @Wild

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Forgot loss of smell and taste. I can’t smell ANYTHING. Horseradish right in front of the face.... NOTHING
when did the smell and taste went away? before your symptoms got worse or after?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Didn’t read through whole thread but have you recovered now ?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
That's me sold then. I tried getting my coconut water on for a while for its health benefits but I just don't really like the taste too much. I find it sort of savoury. I'll stick with Gateorade Zero, green tea and water.

Hope you're doing okay, Matrix @Matrix Wild @Wild
I ususally try to avoid sugar free stuff because I have a distrust of artificial sweetners. Not that sugar is good for you, but I'd rather deal with the devil I know so to speak. I drink a lot of water, and if I'm really exerting myself, or dehydrated because I'm sick, I'll have a sports drink

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I ususally try to avoid sugar free stuff because I have a distrust of artificial sweetners. Not that sugar is good for you, but I'd rather deal with the devil I know so to speak. I drink a lot of water, and if I'm really exerting myself, or dehydrated because I'm sick, I'll have a sports drink
I've actually started using real sugar in tea recently rather than Splenda. I spent ages not really eating much and needed the energy, stocked up on Muscle Milk as a meal replacement to at least get some nutrients.

I like the taste of sports drinks and considering how many hangovers I used to have, the electrolytes were good to replenish.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Didn’t read through whole thread but have you recovered now ?
I thought I was well on my way but last night was a bitch. I think it’s trying it’s best to kill me lol. Got my first fever last night. My heart was thumping and I’m shivering under the covers. Lasted for a few hours and then as quickly as it showed up, it disappeared. Like gone and I fall asleep. This morning feels a lot like yesterday so far. Achy and off. This bat semen disease ain’t no joke. It’s relentless.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I think around Tuesday or Wednesday. After my symptoms. This past weekend sucked pretty bad.
Without the smell and taste senses, did your appetite change at all?
My assumption is the cravings went away and it resulted in an "I have to eat to live" type thing instead of actually enjoying food.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I thought I was well on my way but last night was a bitch. I think it’s trying it’s best to kill me lol. Got my first fever last night. My heart was thumping and I’m shivering under the covers. Lasted for a few hours and then as quickly as it showed up, it disappeared. Like gone and I fall asleep. This morning feels a lot like yesterday so far. Achy and off. This bat semen disease ain’t no joke. It’s relentless.
How is your breathing? Are you predisposed to bronchospasms or allergies that affect your lungs?

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Without the smell and taste senses, did your appetite change at all?
My assumption is the cravings went away and it resulted in an "I have to eat to live" type thing instead of actually enjoying food.
Yeah sort of. I’m still hungry (Never really lost my appetite) but yes it’s kinda pointless. I’ve left that stuff up to my wife way more than normal. She picks most meals these days.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
How is your breathing? Are you predisposed to bronchospasms or allergies that affect your lungs?
Breathing seems to be fine. Allergies can definitely do a number on me but I only had a cough last weekend and it was extremely mild. Notta since. The fever last night was very weird though. Came out of nowhere.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Breathing seems to be fine. Allergies can definitely do a number on me but I only had a cough last weekend and it was extremely mild. Notta since. The fever last night was very weird though. Came out of nowhere.
Good to hear. Go kick this thing in the ass. Do 100 push ups.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Maybe I should change the name of the thread...

“COVID 19 is teasing my butthole before it offs me. AMA QUICK!!!”

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Yeah sort of. I’m still hungry (Never really lost my appetite) but yes it’s kinda pointless. I’ve left that stuff up to my wife way more than normal. She picks most meals these days.
Does your wife have it too?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If my wife and kids have it (I don’t honestly know how they wouldn’t) they haven’t shown any signs. Really hope it stays that way. Mainly for my wife. The kids are pretty resilient to this crap or so I’ve read.
Are you in a separate room and all that jazz?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I really do feel like Covid completely fucked up the start of one of the most anticipated starts to a baseball season ever.