Gilbert Melendez agrees to fight Al Iaquinta at UFC Fight Night San Diego

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Gilbert Melendez is getting right back to work.

Four days after losing to Eddie Alvarez at UFC 188, Melendez has agreed to fight Al Iaquinta on July 15 in San Diego, FOX Sports Live reported Wednesday night. The opportunity presented itself after Bobby Green, Iaquinta's original opponent, withdrewfrom the fight due to an injury suffered in training.

Melendez (22-5) lost a close split decision to Alvarez on Saturday night in Mexico City. The loss dropped his UFC record to 1-3.

Iaquinta (12-3-1) has won his last four fights in a row. He most recently defeated Jorge Masvidal via split decision in April.

LINK: Gilbert Melendez agrees to fight Al Iaquinta at UFC Fight Night San Diego - MMA Fighting

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Sweet. East vs West.

I think Laquinta will get tuned up here.

Karma for him calling me a gabagool. Whatever that is.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
You guys. I want Gil to win so much that I need to hide away or something. I can't wait for the crazed Iaquinterview. And even if Gil loses, which he won't...the Nate. Diaz. Interview.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015

Gilbert Melendez is getting right back to work.

Four days after losing to Eddie Alvarez at UFC 188, Melendez has agreed to fight Al Iaquinta on July 15 in San Diego, FOX Sports Live reported Wednesday night. The opportunity presented itself after Bobby Green, Iaquinta's original opponent, withdrewfrom the fight due to an injury suffered in training.

Melendez (22-5) lost a close split decision to Alvarez on Saturday night in Mexico City. The loss dropped his UFC record to 1-3.

Iaquinta (12-3-1) has won his last four fights in a row. He most recently defeated Jorge Masvidal via split decision in April.

LINK: Gilbert Melendez agrees to fight Al Iaquinta at UFC Fight Night San Diego - MMA Fighting