General Glenn Greenwald resigns from The Intercept

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018

Very proud of Glenn for having the balls...hes a REAL journalist

Hope he joins the gray zone

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wait...... How is this the fault of the jews? Im not sure i follow

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I read his post, their retort, then he posted the article he wrote, which seemed overlong but not saying much that hadn't been reported already. But then he posted the emails he exchanged with the editor as "proof" of censorious behavior and it was pretty hard to read them that way. Still, I like Greenwald and appreciate his journalism. It just seems like this departure was less about the article in question than about death by a thousand cuts.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
I read his post, their retort, then he posted the article he wrote, which seemed overlong but not saying much that hadn't been reported already. But then he posted the emails he exchanged with the editor as "proof" of censorious behavior and it was pretty hard to read them that way. Still, I like Greenwald and appreciate his journalism. It just seems like this departure was less about the article in question than about death by a thousand cuts.
If contractually you are allowed to write whatever you want and they want to change an article before they will publish it that is censorship

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
If contractually you are allowed to write whatever you want and they want to change an article before they will publish it that is censorship
Most of the editor's remarks focused on tightening up the argument with verifiable info to strengthen the thesis and decreasing the word count. That's not censorship. It's editing. If Greenwald had written back and said I don't want to do this and the editor replied "it's this way or nothing" then it would be censorship.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Most of the editor's remarks focused on tightening up the argument with verifiable info to strengthen the thesis and decreasing the word count. That's not censorship. It's editing. If Greenwald had written back and said I don't want to do this and the editor replied "it's this way or nothing" then it would be censorship.
They specifically wanted parts critical of biden removed...you could say that because os a word count... im not buying it

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You can read the emails yourself and see if that's what they wanted.

Editor:

Overall I think this piece can work best if it is significantly narrowed down to what you first discussed with Betsy — media criticism about liberal journalists not asking Biden the questions he should be asked more forcefully, and why they are failing to do that.

I mean they are literally saying focus the story on why Joe Biden is not being put through the ringer.

That sure sounds like something other than protecting Joe Biden