Sports GOAT Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I think we can all agree after that display that Mahones is the GOAT handegg player. The question is how far behind him is Brady? What more would he have had to have done?

M

member 3289

Both Brady and Mahomes won the Super Bowl in their second seasons.

But what a lot of people don't realize is that Brady warmed the bench for a year, watching and learning from experienced QB Drew Bledsoe.

Mahomes on the other hand was thrown right into the fire, without a mentor, and has excelled.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

But what a lot of people don't realize is that Brady warmed the bench for a year, watching and learning from experienced QB Drew Bledsoe.

Mahomes on the other hand was thrown right into the fire, without a mentor, and has excelled.
haha
not really
watched top 5 stat QB Alex Smith run the Andy Reid Offense for a full season and started the last game...both Smith and Reid are his mentors and he got a year to learn the league and offense...so not "thrown right into the fire"...but carry on

Mahomes literally warmed the bench just like Brady did.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Had to overcome learning bad habits from a declining Bledsoe. A Bledsoe so bad he almost died on the field. That is, Brady had to overcome near PTSD thanks to his proximity. Really, its a miracle Brady played at all after witnessing such a travesty.

But Mahomes was thrown right into the fire, without a mentor, and has excelled.
Not handicapped like Brady. Was able to start fresh and play the way he wanted.

Brady obviously the GOAT

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Had to overcome learning bad habits from a declining Bledsoe. A Bledsoe so bad he almost died on the field. That is, Brady had to overcome near PTSD thanks to his proximity. Really, its a miracle Brady played at all after witnessing such a travesty.

Not handicapped like Brady. Was able to start fresh and play the way he wanted.

Brady obviously the GOAT
now you sound like NFL fan lol

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I think we can all agree after that display that Mahones is the GOAT handegg player. The question is how far behind him is Brady? What more would he have had to have done?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Alex Smith groomed Mahomes lol

M

member 3289

Brady first 2 seasons as starter:

Mahomes first 2 seasons as starter:

Surprised that people even think it's close honestly

M

member 3289

Mohomes is great to watch, but let's settle down on the GOAT talk until he's had somewhat of a career.
I'm far from a Brady homer, but he did take significant pay cuts to build a supporting team around himself.
It goes back to the discussion Hauler @Hauler and I were having earlier about who is the greatest TE of all time - Gonzalez or Gronkowski.

Gonzalez played much longer and had better total numbers, but Gronkowski had much, much better average numbers. Gronk's single-season records also far outpaced Gonzalez's.

Now an idiot would say Gonzo and an informed person would say Gronk. It's the exact same situation here with Brady and Mahomes.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It goes back to the discussion Hauler @Hauler and I were having earlier about who is the greatest TE of all time - Gonzalez or Gronkowski.

Gonzalez played much longer and had better total numbers, but Gronkowski had much, much better average numbers. Gronk's single-season records also far outpaced Gonzalez's.

Now an idiot would say Gonzo and an informed person would say Gronk. It's the exact same situation here with Brady and Mahomes.
To me it's a matter of different generations. Bradys career started almost 20 years ago, it was a different game of football than it is now. It's simply unfair to say x player is better because of y stats.

For the record, i don't have a favourite team, or player, and I don't tout anybody as 'the goat. I think that's silly and there is simply no way to prove it.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
gronk was better when he played IMO

Gronk took the shot a lot to play as he numbed injuries and just kept going all out.
Dude gave his body for those wins and the coaches asked a lot from him

Gronk is vasty underrated as far as NE success is concerned...Dude was a Problem

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
gronk was better when he played IMO

Gronk took the shot a lot to play as he numbed injuries and just kept going all out.
Dude gave his body for those wins and the coaches asked a lot from him

Gronk is vasty underrated as far as NE success is concerned...Dude was a Problem
People forget that a great TE is also a vital part to a run game. To have this conversation without mentioning Antonio Gates who put up record numbers while also blocking for a HOF running back is a mistake IMO

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
People forget that a great TE is also a vital part to a run game. To have this conversation without mentioning Antonio Gates who put up record numbers while also blocking for a HOF running back is a mistake IMO
Gates was a beast
no doubt
at his prime an equal threat to those other dudes

M

member 3289

Gates was absolutely mentioned with Gronkowski and Gonzalez, but I'd already proven why Gronk was better than Gonzo and didn't feel like defending a member of the NE Patriots again.

I'm glad we agree on Mahomes though.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
brady isnt the goat. best of this era maybe but he is a known cheater. mahomes has already passed him in my mind.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Mahomes has taken the sport to another level. More than just a generational talent.