General GOAT Martial Arts Film Actor?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who's the GOAT Martial Arts Film Actor

• Total voters

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
honorable mention: Donnie Yen, but not on the poll since more modern time actor

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
I went with Bruce, but this was a tough one.

One one hand, I like Bruce more than Jackie and I feel like Bruce is a more iconic figure, and he did more than either of the other two to popularize martial arts (especially in the western world). The dude is a straight legend and has an aura to him that the other guys can't touch. Where he falls down a little though is in the brevity of his career and the fact that today his films undeniably feel quite dated.

Jackie certainly has had a much longer run that Bruce did. This dude starting making movies in the 60s, became a bona fide martial arts star in the 70s, and is still going today. He's the primary popularizer of his trademark comedy kung fu style and set himself apart by being willing to do nearly anything in terms of stunts, just so long as their was a reasonable chance of survival.

However, in terms of simply enjoying his performance style, I prefer Jet over Jackie. Jackie has the better legacy and the more robust career, but while I think Jackie's comedic style can be fun, I prefer Jet's more serious and bad ass approach and I'd probably rather re-watch something like Fist of Legend or Fearless over all of Jackie's films. Also, The One is underrated.

The winner? Bruce Lee. You could make arguments for any of these guys, but he's the guy who paved the way for followers like Jackie and Jet and I can't help but believe that no matter what they accomplish they will always be operating in his shadow.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Jean-Claude Van Damme.
My man.

Hands down, if I have to pick a favorite among all the martial arts performers in history, JCVD will always be the guy who has carved out the most special place in my heart.

Bloodsport and Kickboxer will always be A-level classics in the pantheon of great martial arts films, Double Impact taught us that if you have big legs and know karate then you can do the splits no problem, and JCVD (the film) proved that despite claims to the contrary the dude is actually a genuinely skilled actor.

Jean-Claude Van Damme = GOAT

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
We're all winners here.
But Bruce is the finger who pointed the way to the moon for all the others.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I used to watch about 10 minutes of these types of films as I would be laughing hysterically inside.....

But if you have to vote for anyone being the “GOAT” I would have to say Bruce Lee is the one that would stand out to most people

I have no idea who Jackie Chen or Jet Lie are

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Chan is the absolute bollocks, he cracks. Me up. I know I’m here as an MMA fan but I don’t train. When I see him fight on film I lose the plot completely. He’s hilarious.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I used to watch about 10 minutes of these types of films as I would be laughing hysterically inside.....

But if you have to vote for anyone being the “GOAT” I would have to say Bruce Lee is the one that would stand out to most people

I have no idea who Jackie Chen or Jet Lie are
Van Damme would beat the shit out of you.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
555 if you ever ran with those boys weed wouldn't fret you.
If I smoked weed now I’d be laughing like an 18 year old who walked into franks chicken house in NJ and pretended I’d been to many strip clubs as the strippers said “you sure you been to a strip club before”......

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
All three so very good. But Bruce because I've got to see armbars and other at-the-time-unorthodox fight moves. Another point, the nunchucks, I mean, come on. Yet another point, the only man to ever kill Chuck Norris.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
All three so very good. But Bruce because I've got to see armbars and other at-the-time-unorthodox fight moves. Another point, the nunchucks, I mean, come on. Yet another point, the only man to ever kill Chuck Norris.
Van damme would whip him

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
take all those guys in their primes
bruce lee
jet li
jackie chan
van damme
donnie chen
throw in
chow yun fat
steven seagul

chuck norris could beat the piss out of every onee IRL

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
bruce lee
jet li
jackie chan
van damme
donnie chen
throw in
chow yun fat
steven seagul

chuck norris could beat the piss out of every onee IRL
The question is actor, dipshit, no way any of those guys lose to B movie actor Chuck Norris in any film ever

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
bruce lee
jet li
jackie chan
van damme
donnie chen
throw in
chow yun fat