GOAT (Poll)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who's the GOAT?

• Khabib

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • GSP

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Jones

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Fedor

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
well it all depends how you look at it.

i think he conveninently chose bisping for his comeback fight because it's such a winnable fight for him. proof? : he decides to retire again right away and even admits that he has no desire to face any other MW
Such a winnable fight? Here’s a post of yours from a poll thread I made before the fight. You picked Bisping by UD.

4F25F2A3-F00D-46D8-A263-4C565BEDC0DB.png

Even ignoring your flip flop here I don’t understand your reasoning. GSPs biggest criticism from fans was not moving up in weight. Has Khabib ever hinted on moving up?

Khabib Nurmagomedov shared his thoughts on moving up to Welterweight and revealed that he has no interest in jumping weight class. He stated that he has ruled the lightweight division for almost a decade, and would like to retire as a lightweight fighter.

“I am a natural lightweight. My career in the UFC started as lightweight and will end here. I don’t want to jump to other divisions, I don’t want to experiment. I have been doing very well in the lightweight division for eight years. And I want to finish my career in this weight category.” Khabib said.

To be clear I think he made the right decision. I don’t blame guys for not wanting to move up as it’s a huge commitment and risk. It’s just crazy to me that you’re going to make GSPs move up to MW a strike against him when he did so after a long layoff and beat Bisping in a very impressive way while somehow giving points to Khabib for staying at LW.

Also GSP retired again due to health complications and not wanting to fight non legacy type guys. He had nothing move to prove as his detractors would just keep moving the goalposts until they had something against him.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Such a winnable fight? Here’s a post of yours from a poll thread I made before the fight. You picked Bisping by UD.

View attachment 18908

Even ignoring your flip flop here I don’t understand your reasoning. GSPs biggest criticism from fans was not moving up in weight. Has Khabib ever hinted on moving up?

Khabib Nurmagomedov shared his thoughts on moving up to Welterweight and revealed that he has no interest in jumping weight class. He stated that he has ruled the lightweight division for almost a decade, and would like to retire as a lightweight fighter.

“I am a natural lightweight. My career in the UFC started as lightweight and will end here. I don’t want to jump to other divisions, I don’t want to experiment. I have been doing very well in the lightweight division for eight years. And I want to finish my career in this weight category.” Khabib said.

To be clear I think he made the right decision. I don’t blame guys for not wanting to move up as it’s a huge commitment and risk. It’s just crazy to me that you’re going to make GSPs move up to MW a strike against him when he did so after a long layoff and beat Bisping in a very impressive way while somehow giving points to Khabib for staying at LW.

Also GSP retired again due to health complications and not wanting to fight non legacy type guys. He had nothing move to prove as his detractors would just keep moving the goalposts until they had something against him.

i don't think it's that big of a deal that I changed my stance from 2 years ago. A lot has happened since then, you know... the world goes on. Khabib wasn't where he is today.

I was never a fan of any GOAT discussions because it just comes down to popularity contest based on people's memory of their accomplishments. And most people's criteria of GOAT is different but if there is a fighter that's universally agreed upon, then I guess that fighter could be the GOAT.

in my case, Jon Jones could be the GOAT but he's got all kinds of drama outside of the cage, he's not a honorable person so I scratch him off.

with GSP, I think he's the welterweight GOAT for sure and I guess what separates him from other GOAT candidates is that he moved up a weight, challenged for the title, and won. That is definitely admirable especially being inactive for many years to come back and move up to win the belt like that but to me, it's not as a great feat for all the facts that I mentioned before.
even though I picked Bisping on this forum, I actually picked GSP to win after I saw the weigh-ins and when he actually won, I had lots of respect for him for the hope of him trying make another title defense run on the middleweight which didn't happen.

I know GSP had colitis but he also came out on interviews and said he doesn't want to fight any of the middleweights, especially he mentioned guys like Romero or Jacare at the time. I can't find the interview but these were his own words. I don't blame him either. But that's where it ends with GSP's GOAT case for me.

now I think that Khabib is the GOAT, let's compare.
Jones was dominant, undefeated for most part, but got all that asterisk for all the drama that he was involved, greatest to me is being great everywhere you go. Khabib displays that, Jones doesn't.

GSP was dominant, but couldn't finish his opponents to save his life. Khabib's dominance was way more than GSP's. you look at how Khabib beats the shit outta all of his opponents (towards the end, he started to finish them off, pretty easily) compared to GSP laying and praying on his opponents.
Also, Khabib is motherfuckin' UNDEFEATED. GSP lost twice in his career. sure he came back and avenged those loss but UNDEFEATED is way better accomplishment.

so those are my reasons, are you making the case that GSP is the GOAT?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Fedor's 31 wins at heavyweight before a real loss> Khabib 29-0.

Just look at who Fedor beat... legends in there prime.

Don't let losses after his prime sway you. He was still undefeated at the same age that GSP and Khabib retired.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i don't think it's that big of a deal that I changed my stance from 2 years ago. A lot has happened since then, you know... the world goes on. Khabib wasn't where he is today.

I was never a fan of any GOAT discussions because it just comes down to popularity contest based on people's memory of their accomplishments. And most people's criteria of GOAT is different but if there is a fighter that's universally agreed upon, then I guess that fighter could be the GOAT.

in my case, Jon Jones could be the GOAT but he's got all kinds of drama outside of the cage, he's not a honorable person so I scratch him off.

with GSP, I think he's the welterweight GOAT for sure and I guess what separates him from other GOAT candidates is that he moved up a weight, challenged for the title, and won. That is definitely admirable especially being inactive for many years to come back and move up to win the belt like that but to me, it's not as a great feat for all the facts that I mentioned before.
even though I picked Bisping on this forum, I actually picked GSP to win after I saw the weigh-ins and when he actually won, I had lots of respect for him for the hope of him trying make another title defense run on the middleweight which didn't happen.

I know GSP had colitis but he also came out on interviews and said he doesn't want to fight any of the middleweights, especially he mentioned guys like Romero or Jacare at the time. I can't find the interview but these were his own words. I don't blame him either. But that's where it ends with GSP's GOAT case for me.

now I think that Khabib is the GOAT, let's compare.
Jones was dominant, undefeated for most part, but got all that asterisk for all the drama that he was involved, greatest to me is being great everywhere you go. Khabib displays that, Jones doesn't.

GSP was dominant, but couldn't finish his opponents to save his life. Khabib's dominance was way more than GSP's. you look at how Khabib beats the shit outta all of his opponents (towards the end, he started to finish them off, pretty easily) compared to GSP laying and praying on his opponents.
Also, Khabib is motherfuckin' UNDEFEATED. GSP lost twice in his career. sure he came back and avenged those loss but UNDEFEATED is way better accomplishment.

so those are my reasons, are you making the case that GSP is the GOAT?
I was pointing out that before GSP vs Bisping happened you had called it a W for Bisping. Now talking about merits on GOAT status you ding him for returning and going up in weight to challenge because it was a winnable fight.

Khabibs is strength of schedule is underwhelming. The way he won the title was lame too. At the time Georges won the belt Hughes was the man and he was finished twice!

I agree with you that it’s the criteria that’s rarely agreed upon. This topic is beaten to death.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Fedor's 31 wins at heavyweight before a real loss> Khabib 29-0.

Just look at who Fedor beat... legends in there prime.

Don't let losses after his prime sway you. He was still undefeated at the same age that GSP and Khabib retired.
Even his losses were fucked. Antonio “take all the anti-gigantism medicine, cough cough, roids” Silva and Hendo when he was full of trt.

Sure he lost to Mitrione but Fedor was like 156 by that time.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
FB_IMG_1604612540514.jpg

Obviously van damme has his number, but only in unified rules

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Khabib edges GSP because GSP hand picked his opponent (bisping) and ducked the middleweight contenders after

so Khabib being able to retire on top, Khabib is the GOAT. plus KHabib has zero loss period.
if it's purely on what they did in the cage, it's Khabib or maybe JBJ. If what they do outside the cage matters, like cheating or being an enemy of human rights, it's GSP or maybe Fedor...probably GSP mostly.