GOAT (Poll)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who's the GOAT?

• Khabib

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • GSP

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Jones

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Fedor

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Khabib edges GSP because GSP hand picked his opponent (bisping) and ducked the middleweight contenders after

so Khabib being able to retire on top, Khabib is the GOAT. plus KHabib has zero loss period.
You ever looked into the first half of khabibs record? It was pretty padded.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
He's retired to early to be anywhere near GOAT status. I don't think 3 title defences puts him amongst the GOAT contenders.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I dunno why Whittaker is in the picture. Bisping posted it himself. Doesn't fucken make sense to me either

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
You ever looked into the first half of khabibs record? It was pretty padded.
I don't see how that's even relevant at this point.
i'm assuming you are referring to his opponents before the UFC?

are you saying he had easy way to the top?

are you saying his opponents were low level compared to...???? what's your point? seems like everyone had an easier opponent who were not at their level at some point in their career.

Jones was destroying folks early in his career, and he started to go downhill towards the end. not to mention, all that drama with USADA
GSP has few "L" s in his record, not to mention he couldn't finish his opponents with his dear life

Khabib got stronger as time went by and he was way more dominant towards the end, not to mention UNDEFEATED, no problem ever with the laws or not

if you want to nit/pick about Khabib's record, who do you think should be the GOAT?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Only people who fight at HW are eligible to be GOAT. Midget divisions are nothing more than novelty sideshows. So the answer is Fedor.

If we want to indulge in the silly P4P nonsense, then the answer is GSP. GSP had the most effective skillset in MMA history. It enabled him to beat the widest variety of opponents.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I don't see how that's even relevant at this point.
i'm assuming you are referring to his opponents before the UFC?

are you saying he had easy way to the top?

are you saying his opponents were low level compared to...???? what's your point? seems like everyone had an easier opponent who were not at their level at some point in their career.

Jones was destroying folks early in his career, and he started to go downhill towards the end. not to mention, all that drama with USADA
GSP has few "L" s in his record, not to mention he couldn't finish his opponents with his dear life

Khabib got stronger as time went by and he was way more dominant towards the end, not to mention UNDEFEATED, no problem ever with the laws or not

if you want to nit/pick about Khabib's record, who do you think should be the GOAT?
Trying to act like 29-0 is some great feat, is bullshit, when you look up his record. Gsp started with Ivan Menjivar, and kept pushing for better. Fedor was known as a can crusher, but he beat plenty of top competition.
Khabib was also a can crusher. He is much better now, but would he be undefeated, if he really had a challenge to begin with? You are a fan, so I expect it.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
My name is Jorge Masvidal (street jesus)

I really didn't want to brutally knee him into bolivia

BUT

he Ben Askren for it

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Trying to act like 29-0 is some great feat, is bullshit, when you look up his record. Gsp started with Ivan Menjivar, and kept pushing for better. Fedor was known as a can crusher, but he beat plenty of top competition.
Khabib was also a can crusher. He is much better now, but would he be undefeated, if he really had a challenge to begin with? You are a fan, so I expect it.
gibberish

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Khabib edges GSP because GSP hand picked his opponent (bisping) and ducked the middleweight contenders after

so Khabib being able to retire on top, Khabib is the GOAT. plus KHabib has zero loss period.
So GSP loses points for retiring then coming back three years later to move up a class and win and Khabib gets points for just retiring.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I think Jon is the GOAT but Khabib is the best I've ever seen. I don't discount recency bias, though.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I think it's Jones only because of his strength of schedule, though GSP is right there with him.

I know Jones has the PEDs busts, but I'm basing it on what went on in the cage rather than outside of it.

Khabib is great, but I'd like him to fight at least a few more times if he really wants to be in the GOAT conversation. At this point, I'd be willing to concede he's the best Lightweight of all time, but when you throw prime BJ, Gomi and a few others in there, it's an interesting conversation. I will say Khabib is as good at applying wrestling as Anderson was at striking. DJ and Cejudo belong in the discussion too at the lighter weights.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
So GSP loses points for retiring then coming back three years later to move up a class and win and Khabib gets points for just retiring.

well it all depends how you look at it.

i think he conveninently chose bisping for his comeback fight because it's such a winnable fight for him. proof? : he decides to retire again right away and even admits that he has no desire to face any other MW