Goddamn injuries

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
And another one...
Tore a groin muscle a few weeks ago, plus I’ve got a tiny hernia. I’m out, again, for another month or so. I love Jiujitsu, but this shit is frustrating. I was just starting to get really comfortable everywhere. For a quick second I thought about quitting completely. I won’t, but it sucks being being back on the Gimp Squad. Anyway, I just felt like bitching. See you guys on the mats.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
A month will fly by so quick. You'll be back on the mats before you know it.

is your hernia related to your groin injury?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Groin pulls are very common in BJJ. I often tell my guys who i roll with to make sure they train their adductors HARD and stay as flexible as possible and stretch a lot.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

lol dude you popped into a dream I had...bizarre shit

you just wanted to hang out...was weird as shit

U seem like a nice fella

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015

Yes, its all happened at the same time.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So do I just accept that my fingers are gonna be fucked now or does it get better?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015

Dropped into a new academy, absolutely loved it, until i got estima locked by a brown belt...

How long until i can train again?

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015

Dropped into a new academy, absolutely loved it, until i got estima locked by a brown belt...

How long until i can train again?
A brown belt should have better control than that. Hope it’s not to bad.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Injuries come with the territory, especially for those of us that are “older”. Takedowns/throws, new students who are big/strong/athletic, and frequent competition seem to increase the odds of injury.

Hope both you guys heal up soon.

SAJ @SAJ I agree with Darqnezz @Darqnezz that an upper belt should be able to tap you without injuring you.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Injuries come with the territory, especially for those of us that are “older”. Takedowns/throws, new students who are big/strong/athletic, and frequent competition seem to increase the odds of injury.

Hope both you guys heal up soon.

SAJ @SAJ I agree with Darqnezz @Darqnezz that an upper belt should be able to tap you without injuring you.
Yeah he didn't even give me time to tap, he must have been frustrated. Not rolling with him again.

Foot feels fine now, ive rested since Tuesday and will probably return Monday.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I had an opportunity to hang out 1:1 with Pedro Sauer for the better part of a day, on and off. Found out he's facing the rest of his life with arms he can't lift above shoulder height.

I asked him "If you could go back in time and tell blue-belt-Pedro just one thing, what would it be?

"Drill more, spar less."

It's been my mantra for the last year, couldn't be happier with how I've progressed.
Less dessert, more vegetables - makes me really appreciate dessert. :)

M

member 603

Goddamn.... It's the infirmary up in here.... Sorry you guys got banged up, I hope that you're all healing up quickly though.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I was rolling the other day and hurt/felt a pop in my side.
Deep breathes and pressure on the side hurt. Couldn't even get through warm up the following day.
Taking a couple days off to recoup.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Deep breathes and pressure on the side hurt. Couldn't even get through warm up the following day.
Rib injuries are annoying, and take a while to heal. Hope you feel better.

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
Yeah he didn't even give me time to tap, he must have been frustrated. Not rolling with him again.

Foot feels fine now, ive rested since Tuesday and will probably return Monday.
Sounds like a dick move. Were you the victim of the gym enforcer?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Sounds like a dick move. Were you the victim of the gym enforcer?
A gym enforcer is the guy who protects the mats from the spazzes and the bullies. I was neither.

I was just a whitbelt at a new gym for a trial class and this guy thought it was okay to crank an estima lock

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
When you're healed start lifting and strengthening your core. I've had no rib i inuries since I've built a stronger core, but for now take as much time off. Rib inuries tend to take a long time to fully go away

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
A gym enforcer is the guy who protects the mats from the spazzes and the bullies. I was neither.

I was just a whitbelt at a new gym for a trial class and this guy thought it was okay to crank an estima lock
He or she was for sure out of line. Hope you heal up quickly.