Good conditioning drills for maintenance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
What's some go-to drills for maintenance? Meaning I'm no longer fighting and want to get back some stamina, but don't want to drill like I used to while fighting. My workouts, while competing, used to be super intense. I'm now trying to balance strength and light conditioning. I have battle ropes, heavy bags, jump ropes, treadmill, stationary bike, etc. all at my disposal. Just looking for some tips, since it's been forever since I actually did cardio. Currently, I'm on a three day 5x5 (Mon, Wed, Fri). I'd like to work conditioning in on Tues and Thurs. This will put me there 5 days a week and keep me motivated.

Awaiting
Leigh @Leigh

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
What's some go-to drills for maintenance? Meaning I'm no longer fighting and want to get back some stamina, but don't want to drill like I used to while fighting. My workouts, while competing, used to be super intense. I'm now trying to balance strength and light conditioning. I have battle ropes, heavy bags, jump ropes, treadmill, stationary bike, etc. all at my disposal. Just looking for some tips, since it's been forever since I actually did cardio. Currently, I'm on a three day 5x5 (Mon, Wed, Fri). I'd like to work conditioning in on Tues and Thurs. This will put me there 5 days a week and keep me motivated.

Awaiting
Leigh @Leigh
As I've said on my conditioning thread, anything that gets your HR in the right zone and play your sport a lot. Running is probably the easiest way to get your HR up. If you don't like that, you can swim, bike, play squash etc

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I found some good routines to run through on the Muay Thai Guy website. I'm just so used to having a coach do these things up for me and push me through.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I found some good routines to run through on the Muay Thai Guy website. I'm just so used to having a coach do these things up for me and push me through.
Your HR monitor is your personal coach

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Your HR monitor is your personal coach
So I guess it's back to beating the pavement again. Was doing 3-4 miles daily when I peaked in Thai boxing. Lots of running, jumping rope, and box jumps back then. I may just go all-in and find a Thai coach in town and have one last fight before I hit my 30's.

What HR monitor would you suggest. I was thinking a FitBit, until I saw the price tag.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So I guess it's back to beating the pavement again. Was doing 3-4 miles daily when I peaked in Thai boxing. Lots of running, jumping rope, and box jumps back then. I may just go all-in and find a Thai coach in town and have one last fight before I hit my 30's.

What HR monitor would you suggest. I was thinking a FitBit, until I saw the price tag.
Fitbit is awesome but yeah, its pricey. Just get a cheap chest strap one off ebay or at Walmart