Good Deed for the Day

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I was just walking into town and noticed an elderly couple talking to each other (wife trying to prop her husband up with his other arm propped up by a cane) trying to figure out how to cross the street where there are no cross walks before getting to the main busy street. I said, "can i help", they said, "that would be wonderful" so Robbie helped them across, stopped all cars and got them across.....they were extremely happy with that and it made me feel like i'd done something good for someone.........expecting rainbows for this, but if it made their day and made them happy, that's all i care about.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I gave looks of harsh judgment to smokers having a butt outside of the designated area on my way to the office, felt good.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
^^^^my wife always asks me, "why the face" when smokers are smoking outside the entrance to every pub/restaurant we go into.......no offence to smokers, but stay out of public entrances or you're getting the look, that's just a fact.

Stephen J Rivers

Mar 14, 2015
I'm an ex-smoker, and I'm exactly like those that have already posted. I don't know how I did it for so long. I find it really offensive in public now when anyone's smoking anywhere near me.

This does make me want to go do good deeds though so I have something constructive to post in this thread.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Love the 3rd person in this wonderful endevor:p

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I was just walking into town and noticed an elderly couple talking to each other (wife trying to prop her husband up with his other arm propped up by a cane) trying to figure out how to cross the street where there are no cross walks before getting to the main busy street. I said, "can i help", they said, "that would be wonderful" so Robbie helped them across, stopped all cars and got them across.....they were extremely happy with that and it made me feel like i'd done something good for someone.........expecting rainbows for this, but if it made their day and made them happy, that's all i care about.
While that wasn't actually useful, I just had this wicked urge to give you a wrench rather than a rainbow. Nice job man, nice job!

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I just spotted a guy at the gym for a few sets, but only because his GF that was with him was gorgeous and I wanted to creep on her a little bit.

Apr 3, 2015
a couple weeks ago I seen an elderly couple picking bottles on the side of the highway. I debated why they would be doing it and I made up my mind that they were doing it out of necessity. I busted a u-turn a few km's down and pulled up behind them. I got out and gave them the only money I had on me. a $50 bill. this was the last of my money for the next 9 days as I am on EI and still waiting for my first check to show up. they were so happy that they were almost crying, telling me that they dont have anyone, their kids wont come and visit anymore etc... its a common sad tale where I live. I gave them the no worries and got in my jeep and drove back home, crying my eyes out like a little bitch.

another sad tale of an abandoned elder, a few christmas' ago I was shopping for groceries and there was this elderly lady holding change in her hand as she priced out the smallest of things in the produce isle. I watched her as I got my things and decided I was going to help this lady. I paid for my things, dropped my groceries off in my car, walked back into the store and found the lady. I explained to her that I have noticed she is in need and that I would be paying for anything she wanted in the store. as we walked the isles she told me her life story. husband killed in WW2, raised their 5 kids on the ranch and then moved into town when she couldnt do the ranch thing anymore after all the kids left. kids cant find time for her and never visit or call or help in any way. her bill came to over $100 and I didnt care, I loaded it up in her car and helped it into her home. I havent seen her since. I hope she is still alive. again. excessive crying my everyone involved.

I try to do nice things everyday, I try to be the nicest person I can and I try to not take life too seriously for myself, because many many other people are far worse off. stay positive and love your life.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
God damn, I fucking hate when they clean the ac ducts at work. Super dusty in here.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I once gave an old Iraqi lady all my water, extra diesel from our humvee to power her generator, and a AK with a shit load of rounds to protect her property from the assholes.

Another time I gave a kid candy to tell me where her daddy went at night....... We then shot him when we found him (ieds) . Atleast she got candy.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
a couple weeks ago I seen an elderly couple picking bottles on the side of the highway. I debated why they would be doing it and I made up my mind that they were doing it out of necessity. I busted a u-turn a few km's down and pulled up behind them. I got out and gave them the only money I had on me. a $50 bill. this was the last of my money for the next 9 days as I am on EI and still waiting for my first check to show up. they were so happy that they were almost crying, telling me that they dont have anyone, their kids wont come and visit anymore etc... its a common sad tale where I live. I gave them the no worries and got in my jeep and drove back home, crying my eyes out like a little bitch.

another sad tale of an abandoned elder, a few christmas' ago I was shopping for groceries and there was this elderly lady holding change in her hand as she priced out the smallest of things in the produce isle. I watched her as I got my things and decided I was going to help this lady. I paid for my things, dropped my groceries off in my car, walked back into the store and found the lady. I explained to her that I have noticed she is in need and that I would be paying for anything she wanted in the store. as we walked the isles she told me her life story. husband killed in WW2, raised their 5 kids on the ranch and then moved into town when she couldnt do the ranch thing anymore after all the kids left. kids cant find time for her and never visit or call or help in any way. her bill came to over $100 and I didnt care, I loaded it up in her car and helped it into her home. I havent seen her since. I hope she is still alive. again. excessive crying my everyone involved.

I try to do nice things everyday, I try to be the nicest person I can and I try to not take life too seriously for myself, because many many other people are far worse off. stay positive and love your life.
This is how we roll in Canada

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There's been at a few times I've gone into Vancouver via sky train to take my kids to Science World or just go around for a walk. I've given my 6 year old girl $20 and told her to help out a homeless guy and explained to her why this is nice to do sometimes. The times I've done this I stay far enough back that its very noticeable she or I aren't scared of him and when the guy finds me watching he's speechless and almost on the verge of tears. My daughter is the cutest bleach blonde girl you'll ever see and even passers by stop and take notice of such an odd site.

I've also spent times in soup kitchens with fire fighters serving up dinner, picking up and dropping off thrift store items for charities, maintain eldrery neighbors yards and so on. Feels nice to be the good guy when a see a chance.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
While that wasn't actually useful, I just had this wicked urge to give you a wrench rather than a rainbow. Nice job man, nice job!
Thanks brother, a rainbow coming from you would have left me feeling defeated

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I always offer my assistance when I see someone at my apartment complex carrying groceries, especially if it's upstairs.
I've offered this often enough to realize that many people have a hard time accepting free help, so to increase my chances of them accepting my offer, I changed my pitch from-

Can I help you with your groceries?
to

Hey, if you don't mind I'm going to help carry your groceries and just set them down on your front porch, okay?

Harder to turn that down.

Also for years I have been involved in my apartment complex community simply by being outside with all the kids. I know all of their names, know most of their family and their backgrounds, have their parents phone numbers, and I "dad" the kids when I see them misbehaving like bullying or coping an unjustified attitude. I have zero problems telling a kid he cannot play football with us anymore today due to his attitude/actions.

That last part may not seem "good deed of the day", however I have the utmost confidence that by me trying to teach these kids life lessons, they will respect me for it and perhaps try to be better individuals themselves.

Also when we're playing two on two football, I always throw the ball two times to my son, and two times to a kid who isn't my son. I'd like to throw it to my sons every play, but I've got to be fair.

fsshariq

Space Cadet
Apr 20, 2015
Found a set of keys on my block yesterday. Went knocking on every house in close proximity and luckily found the owner. They were very happy!