General Google Removes ‘Kodi’ From Search Autocomplete In Anti-piracy Effort

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I know there are some Kodi users on here, not really familiar with it, but Google ain't having none of it so it seems.

"Google has banned the term “Kodi” from its autocomplete feature, meaning those who look for information on the set-top box will have to type out the full term in order to search, as reported by TorrentFreak."

"While Kodi is legal software in a set-top box for streaming, it supports a myriad of third-party add-ons that provide access to pirated media. Last year, Kodi was in the news after five people were arrested for selling fully loaded “Kodi boxes,”... "

Google removes ‘Kodi’ from search autocomplete in anti-piracy effort

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
takes randomly searching it off the table

AKA u just made the list

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
takes randomly searching it off the table

AKA u just made the list
Well, Google is a data collector, if you have a smart phone they most likely know where you are physically at. Now add to that they have your search habits, app information, etc. It may be information law inforcement has access to. I mean, you can actually look up where you've physically been on the map.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Well, Google is a data collector, if you have a smart phone they most likely know where you are physically at. Now add to that they have your search habits, app information, etc. It may be information law inforcement has access to. I mean, you can actually look up where you've physically been on the map.
lots of lists out there man

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
only flip phone here...but I am sure it is trackable...boring but trackable
Well, if you don't have a GPS function on it, I don't see how. Unless you're making a call of course. I'd be more worried about your car, if you own a car with an Onstar type of service that is, like Chevy's.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I think you get tracked either way. But when you have it on, they kind of have to tell you.
If memory serves, when you have it on you're agreeing to being tracked all the time. Otherwise they can access your location info, but don't do it for no reason.

Ie, they have enough people voluntarily surrendering their info so they don't bother.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Well, if you don't have a GPS function on it, I don't see how. Unless you're making a call of course. I'd be more worried about your car, if you own a car with an Onstar type of service that is, like Chevy's.
old trucks for me

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I actually know for certain that they don't. You have to have one (or more) apps or setting enabled for them to have automatic access. Otherwise they have to go looking for it.
Saying no to apps and handling your privacy settings is not enough. Tracking you is too valuable, it's information, so they'll take it. They are very consistent in that.

While using apps, you still send out data, and they know which phone it came from. The pattern will reveal enough. Without gsp, location or your consent, they can and will still track you. Law enforcement can do it, and so do others. Plenty of studies have revealed this since. Now all you need is a driverless car...

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Refuse to use Google products/services

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I firmly believe that Google is a government ran institution for data mining and tracking people.