Lifestyle Got a job interview

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My last couple were done over the phone,

This one I have to attend in person.

Any tips?

?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
My last couple were done over the phone,

This one I have to attend in person.

Any tips?

?
If you’re serious I’m happy to help but man, I’ve had many a successful interview over here and even turned down several jobs by grilling them as much as they grilled me.....let me know

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Dress professionally but don't go over the top either.

Have a few achievements and goals in your mind.

Plan for the simple questions like "How would you describe yourself?" "What makes you the right person?" "How would others describe you?" "What would your former managers and coworkers say it was like to work with you?" "Want to watch me take a shower?" "What's the thing that you liked the most about the last place you worked and the thing you liked the least?"

And then just be able to describe, politely, why they would be an idiot to offer the job to anyone else. Attention to detail, passionate about getting the job done right, willing to go the extra mile, embrace a challenge, etc etc etc.

But don't bullshit them. Whatever you say you really need to believe. If you're genuine when you say that strive to be in situations where you're likely to fail because you always come away learning something about the job and about yourself then that carries over.

And always have some questions in mind about the position, what their expectations are, chances for advancement, benefits, etc. My favorite is "Why are you hiring for this position?" Was someone fired, promoted, retired, or expanding?

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Don’t wear any of those terrible shoes you sometimes post pictures of.

Dress like you are a successful adult, not a tiny Mexican with bad fashion sense.

Although I run a redneck business, when I do interviews if the potential employee dresses respectful and shakes my hand with confidence then they are half way there.

If they walk in looking like a fukn dork and don’t look me in the eyes when they speak then they might as well fuck off.

Good luck!

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Dress professionally but don't go over the top either.

Have a few achievements and goals in your mind.

Plan for the simple questions like "How would you describe yourself?" "What makes you the right person?" "How would others describe you?" "What would your former managers and coworkers say it was like to work with you?" "Want to watch me take a shower?" "What's the thing that you liked the most about the last place you worked and the thing you liked the least?"

And then just be able to describe, politely, why they would be an idiot to offer the job to anyone else. Attention to detail, passionate about getting the job done right, willing to go the extra mile, embrace a challenge, etc etc etc.

But don't bullshit them. Whatever you say you really need to believe. If you're genuine when you say that strive to be in situations where you're likely to fail because you always come away learning something about the job and about yourself then that carries over.

And always have some questions in mind about the position, what their expectations are, chances for advancement, benefits, etc. My favorite is "Why are you hiring for this position?" Was someone fired, promoted, retired, or expanding?
THIS MAN KNOWS.

I just hired 2 people who did this at the interviews & they got the job.
Those who didn't, dressed like shit, or were not professional enough.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Have the answers prepared for all their standard questions.

There's usually a bunch of "tell us about a time when......" scenarios. A time when you had to deal with an angry co-worker or conflict, a time when you you had an impossible deadline, a time when someone wouldn't deal with you and how you changed it...blah, blah, blah.

The people who can answer those questions with confidence in an interview will usually get the job over a better qualified candidate who can't bullshit as well at the interview.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Just had it.

I was really fucking nervous but they seem like a good bunch.

Now we wait