Lifestyle Got a job interview

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Bump because I have an interview tomorrow too.. I need to try think of a fee w questions to ask em. I suck at that haha

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Bump because I have an interview tomorrow too.. I need to try think of a fee w questions to ask em. I suck at that haha
Depending on the type of job and who's interviewing you, always good to ask them to explain what they do for the company. Sometimes you get a group interview, so that can kill several minutes of them all talking and feeling good that you're interested in them, which is great for you even though it's the opposite of their objective in the interview (which is to let you talk).

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Depending on the type of job and who's interviewing you, always good to ask them to explain what they do for the company. Sometimes you get a group interview, so that can kill several minutes of them all talking and feeling good that you're interested in them, which is great for you even though it's the opposite of their objective in the interview (which is to let you talk).
I’m not sure if it’s s group interview but I know the owner will be interviewing me . The job is a junior tax accountant for a practice

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I’m not sure if it’s s group interview but I know the owner will be interviewing me . The job is a junior tax accountant for a practice
What’s their management style.......kind of want to hear that they hire you to do a job and as long as that jobs done, they are hands off and will let you work how you want.

Find out their employee turnover......if a lot of people are in and out of there, you’ll know it’s gonna likely be a rough ride.

Ask to meet your manager. If the owner is controlling this then the manager has no say and might not like not being included and hold it against you in retaliation against the owner (I’ve seen it before) If you ask this then the manager won’t forget it and will like that because it makes him feel important and relevant

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Oh wow in your field. That's great!
Yeh it will be great to have a job ready for me to come back to in the new year. Not feeling too nervous this morning surprisingly. All the hair salons were closed yesterday so I couldn’t get a haircut but it’s not looking too bad.

Thanks for the love everyone

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
What’s their management style.......kind of want to hear that they hire you to do a job and as long as that jobs done, they are hands off and will let you work how you want.

Find out their employee turnover......if a lot of people are in and out of there, you’ll know it’s gonna likely be a rough ride.

Ask to meet your manager. If the owner is controlling this then the manager has no say and might not like not being included and hold it against you in retaliation against the owner (I’ve seen it before) If you ask this then the manager won’t forget it and will like that because it makes him feel important and relevant
Sterling advice asking about employee turnover, BrunoMcGyver @BrunoMcGyver

Even if you're not interested too much it puts them in a position of thinking you've got you feet under the table and you're part of the company already.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Interview done and dusted. Didn’t ask about employee turnover (simply forgot) but they’ve only been in their current office for about 6 months and most of their staff have been there food r years and have progress within the firm.

They seemed impressed by th fact I already have some experience and a few cpa units under my belt. They also liked that I speak Portuguese as they have some Portuguese clients and think it could come in handy.

They said they’ll make a decision by Thursday so I should know soon.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Interview done and dusted. Didn’t ask about employee turnover (simply forgot) but they’ve only been in their current office for about 6 months and most of their staff have been there food r years and have progress within the firm.

They seemed impressed by th fact I already have some experience and a few cpa units under my belt. They also liked that I speak Portuguese as they have some Portuguese clients and think it could come in handy.

They said they’ll make a decision by Thursday so I should know soon.
Glad to hear the casting couch turned out.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I have a call this afternoon and i’ll Go see the guy next week if all goes well but I have an opportunity selling components again which is a bit of a step back from solutions but i’ll Take it if the money’s there just to get back in the game again.

It was a recommendation and he likes my resume, a lot of which was selling exactly what his company sells.

If I don’t get it if I want it or don’t want it, I give up.

It’s only a chat so I need to remember not to close him on a start date

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
And with that, all sorted for a coffee and a chat next Thursday. Actually he's Chinese so hopefully it's tea, I'll be gibbering away like a right twat if they don't have decaf coffee.

@Song2 How's it going your end?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good luck TMMAC job hunters. I was nervous as shit leaving my job of 10 years, where I was a rockstar making pretty good money and working from home. Second guessed my decision for the first two weeks but am now thrilled I made the decision to explore my options. Didn’t think there was any way I could beat the previous deal that I had, but damn if it didn’t happen. Gotta go searching to see what’s out there. I wish all of you fellow rockstars the best!

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I just got an email saying I didn't get the job - He said my resumand interview was one of the best but they went with a candidate who apparently has a farming background (didn't go into specifics as to what that entails).The majority of their clients are in that industry so I can understand that they went for someone like that.

Ah well. Not the best feeling but I'm not THAT down. Im flying to New Zealand in 24 hours so that's probably why hhaha.

I just got an email saying I didn't get the job - He said my resumand interview was one of the best but they went with a candidate who apparently has a farming background (didn't go into specifics as to what that entails).The majority of their clients are in that industry so I can understand that they went for someone like that.

Ah well. Not the best feeling but I'm not THAT down. Im flying to New Zealand in 24 hours so that's probably why hhaha.
Bad luck on the job buddy... Awesome on you going to NZ

Have a great time.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Keep looking! Guarantee you find something soon.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Sod em, matey. It wouldn’t have been right for you obviously anyway. I’ve been on the hunt for what feels like forever now and had to walk out of one in the summer 3 days in for that reason. Fantastic money but giving me an east coast territory when i’m On the West wasn’t their smartest move.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Any tips, guys and ladies?

I'm off at 3 tomorrow for my sort of interview sort of chat with a guy who I've been recommended to so I'm nervous about letting her down being she's a management coach, as well as myself. I was all blase about it a little while ago but I'm going to struggle to sleep tonight worrying about it.