General Got a new guitar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
2-3 years ago I picked up an acoustic bass. I figured now that I could play bass a little I would get something so that I could go out and play with people. So I got it, played it for a few weeks to get the feel of it and set it on a stand, ready to go jam.... and never played it again. Turns out I like dont like going out, and people are not very high up on the list either. Since I had been getting the urge to try guitar again i took it up to guitar center. Got a fair price for it, plus it was enough to cover a nice little starter guitar... doesnt exactly match my bass but I like the look of it. and yes the stickers and plastic coating are still on it
:)

digthisbigcrux

Dreams are free, motherfucker
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Nice...

what kind of Jazz bass is that? I don't think I've ever seen that kind of fretboard inlay. Dig the color.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've always wanted an electric guitar.
So I bought an acoustic, then became an electrician.
Oh well. 6 dozen of one, half the other.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What kind of guitar? I know it's a fender and looks similar to a telecaster but not quite??

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
That's what I figured. I have the bullet strat. Really good deal with a fender amp. It will serve you well
yeah with how great of a price they were I did not mind spending the 30 extra bucks for the rosewood fret version.

Last edited:

digthisbigcrux

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Im not big on Reverend bass' but i love their guitars .
Really was never a fan either, but I'm a huge Mike Watt fan. I originally wanted an old Gibson EB3, but after playing one of these
I was hooked. It's got a thunderous tone and at only 6.5 pounds there's almost no fatigue or back pain. Especially when I throw it on
after playing one on my early 80's Ibanez Musician basses that come in at over 10lbs. I've since paid more attention to their company
and have really warmed up to them...they're a good outfit.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Really was never a fan either, but I'm a huge Mike Watt fan. I originally wanted an old Gibson EB3, but after playing one of these
I was hooked. It's got a thunderous tone and at only 6.5 pounds there's almost no fatigue or back pain. Especially when I throw it on
after playing one on my early 80's Ibanez Musician basses that come in at over 10lbs. I've since paid more attention to their company
and have really warmed up to them...they're a good outfit.
That's definitely light. My Rick is 9. A Reverend is on my radar for when I buy a big boy electric guitar. Other than im dreaming of a vintage Gibson Grabber right now.

digthisbigcrux

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's definitely light. My Rick is 9. A Reverend is on my radar for when I buy a big boy electric guitar. Other than im dreaming of a vintage Gibson Grabber right now.
had a 74' 4001 that I really regret selling and yeah, it was an anchor. Dig the Grabber..use to be in a two bass band and the other dude played a Ripper. It was also heavy, but sounded sweet with an SVT

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
had a 74' 4001 that I really regret selling and yeah, it was an anchor. Dig the Grabber..use to be in a two bass band and the other dude played a Ripper. It was also heavy, but sounded sweet with an SVT
I used to play an svt, But have down sized to the orange bt 500. Next step is a fender neo 610. But used they still go for 1000. I absolutely love my Rick.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Why do instruments still look like they walked out of a deff leopard video?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I had a bit of a bad experience at Guitar Center the other day but they’re throwing deals left and right at the moment. If you’re in for another, talk to them on the phone. They’re about to go into administration.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Anyone who likes guitars would love to own actual guitars from the 70's .
Sure, I see the beauty in them. I'm not saying It's ugly for sure but just weird that they haven't changed the way they look one bit since the seventies.

digthisbigcrux

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
fucking Buffer looks like he had a jacket made out of the pelt of Barney the Dinosaur