Cinema GoT: House of the Dragon teaser trailer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
if anyone is bored, here's my breakdown that i threw together quickly off the top of my head

some high-level spoilers in terms of framing what the show is about. but i dont believe i spoil any details that will negatively affect your viewing experience
Did you know this is based on a succession dispute that came after the death of King Henry I?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i didnt know. im not big into real history, but thank you for thinking of me

George R.R. Martin is a history buff. the Starks and Lannisters were based on the Yorks and Lancasters supposedly. War of the Roses or some shit
As I was watching the show I'd go "Oh, that's *insert historical group* Ie, Dothraki are the Mongols, Dorne is Spain. The ice wall is Hadrian's wall, and the wildlings are the Scots, Valyria is based on ancient Rome. Even the Red Wedding was a real thing.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
We don't actually know how they went down. It's almost entirely speculation.
Oh. I thiught you knew something and were asking if I knew

I was like, come on. Just type it

So what are you asking? Are you asking about behind the scenes footage? They released alot of it. The battle of the bastards, your favorite ice battle, the field of fire, hardhome, etc

I'm excited you are going to be watching House of the Dragon live. I hate knowing the major plot points. But with that said, it should be badass.

And the canon that it's based on is very high level account. So all it'll be fun to actually see the scenes come to life with dialogue, passion, pleasure, and pain, yadda yadda

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh. I thiught you knew something and were asking if I knew
I just mean in general. Like GOT obviously went to painstaking lengths to rehearse and craft those scense based on historical battles. But we don't even know if historical battles were fought like that.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I just mean in general. Like GOT obviously went to painstaking lengths to rehearse and craft those scense based on historical battles. But we don't even know if historical battles were fought like that.
Most historic battles in movies or shows are pretty stupid and not geared for accuracy.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
The last season of GOT was so awful that it even ruined the prequels for me.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Most historic battles in movies or shows are pretty stupid and not geared for accuracy.
I'll tell you what. When they get the time machine thing sorted out we'll get a hot air balloon and then go back and watch one live. Assuming we don't go insane from the PTSD, we'll then decide.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The last season of GOT was so awful that it evem ruined the prequels for me.

They could have taken literally any retarded fan fiction they found off a shitty forum and it would have been better.

And I think they have made a massive mistake in trying to reboot it by spending millions on CGI when all that emphasis on big budget spectacle and fantasy nonsense was a big reason why the first show fell on its ass.

I would still have been slightly interested if they had just used the established world and backstory to go back to making a lower budget show about scheming feudal houses. Seasons 1-4 without some of the silly fantasy shit, basically.