Got IP banned

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvert the Janitor

Sep 11, 2015
Who brought me back?

Definitely was IP banned. Got a message saying as much.

Who undid it?

I'd like to know who to thank.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Why were you banned? Could your IP have conflicted with another user from the past (like Ralph Harris)?

I'd be able to help but I was stripped of my powers ;(

Malvert the Janitor

Sep 11, 2015
Why were you banned? Could your IP have conflicted with another user from the past (like Ralph Harris)?

I was banned because an overzealous admin decided my "I'm not here to take part..." line was scary. Surely I must've meant something very ominous by that, eh?

Hope things are still going well for you Galanis!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The mods here are forgiving sorts. Splinty mentioned you mentioned you were not gonna participate and he would ban the account.

I guess if you aren't gonna participate then what's the point of banning it? My guess is he reconsidered in the event you decide to post here without the intention of upsetting RJJH and wanted to actually take place in discussions here.

But I can only speculate.

La Paix @BirdWatcher may know more. splinty-o said he was busy so I won't tag him

Malvert the Janitor

Sep 11, 2015
The mods here are forgiving sorts. Splinty mentioned you mentioned you were not gonna participate and he would ban the account.

I guess if you aren't gonna participate then what's the point of banning it? My guess is he reconsidered in the event you decide to post here without the intention of upsetting RJJH and wanted to actually take place in discussions here.

But I can only speculate.

La Paix @BirdWatcher may know more. splinty-o said he was busy so I won't tag him
Knee jerk administration then? Shouldn't moderation be done in, well, moderation? As in temperance?

I figured as much.

Best not get to angry about it though. Cause, well, I see how things go..

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

Sup my man..long time no talk.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I can speak from experience, the admins here are great people. They have done a LOT for me and are really understanding and patient. So I feel this has a reasonable explanation. I'll stay out of it, but again, the people who run this place are top notch folks.

Also thanks for the well wishes mang. ECC I see you too... Hope you're doing good man.. been training?

Malvert the Janitor

Sep 11, 2015
I can speak from experience, the admins here are great people. They have done a LOT for me and are really understanding and patient. So I feel this has a reasonable explanation. I'll stay out of it, but again, the people who run this place are top notch folks.

Also thanks for the well wishes mang. ECC I see you too... Hope you're doing good man.. been training?
Remains to be seen, but your word is solid.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Knee jerk administration then? Shouldn't moderation be done in, well, moderation? As in temperance?

I figured as much.

Best not get to angry about it though. Cause, well, I see how things go..
No if you click the troll thread you made and look at splintys post you will see an edit at the bottom which I made my summary from.

This place has a very relaxed approach to moderation. Because it doesn't need it for the most part.

The stuff you saw in the thread you made was an extension of an argument from the UG. And still moderators offered you the chance to contribute.

Which is more than I'd do given the shit I saw you spew about us before you even came here

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I was gong to earlier but he banned me rather than risk communicating.

I'll go find a seat at the back of the bus, now.
this is his reply once he removed the ban.
"Was ready to ban based on a message I got from Malvert...
Hrrmmmm, I'm see the rest of Malvert's messages now that I'm not mobile.
Let's reach out to him. Maybe a misunderstanding. Yall leave him alone."

Malvert the Janitor

Sep 11, 2015
No if you click the troll thread you made and look at splintys post you will see an edit at the bottom which I made my summary from.

This place has a very relaxed approach to moderation. Because it doesn't need it for the most part.

The stuff you saw in the thread you made was an extension of an argument from the UG. And still moderators offered you the chance to contribute.

Which is more than I'd do given the shit I saw you spew about us before you even came here
That's why he banned me.

Birdwatcher was looking out for me though.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
You came here to troll, got asked to stop it, then in your next post in another thread carried on baiting Psychotropic Wanderlust @RJJH, whom did the right thing in ignoring you. Now you are surprised you got IP banned?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

No bud, been settled down and working a boring job..Ihave been getting the urge to get in shape..but idk if or when I will fight again...Dope avatar btw.

Malvert the Janitor

Sep 11, 2015
You came here to troll, got asked to stop it, then in your next post in another thread carried on baiting Psychotropic Wanderlust @RJJH, whom did the right thing in ignoring you. Now you are surprised you got IP banned?
No. I'm actually surprised to be back!

Thanks to the good Bird upstairs!

I'm an asset. You'll know it soon enough.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Trolling other forums is a bannable offense for the UG. Please desist. You like the OG/UG, we get it. Go back and interact with the posters there.

Malvert the Janitor

Sep 11, 2015
Trolling other forums is a bannable offense for the UG. Please desist. You like the OG/UG, we get it. Go back and interact with the posters there.
Don't you post in both?

Have you ever been told to go back when there? Serious question.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'll say the same thing I said when @D241 started making multiple threads demanding explanation from mods...

Keep this shit private. Start a PM conversation with the mods if you are trying to iron something out. There's no need to post two threads in the MMA section of the forum to stir up drama. I don't know what happened in that other thread, and I don't care to look it up. Just don't litter the forum with drama. That's not really our style around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.