Got tickets to Raw 3.9.2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I haven't been to a wrestling show in years. I am taking my seven year old son and my fiancée, both of whom have never attended a live wrestling event. My son is a huge pro wrestling fan now so I'm excited.

I remember going to my first live event when I was about his age. Randy Savage vs. Jake the Snake was the main event. These are the kinds of moments I will cherish with my boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm sure it'll be a blast. Be sure to boo Roman Reigns extra hard for me. Dude does not deserve to be main eventing Wrestlemania.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ish Kabibble;30095 said:
I'm sure it'll be a blast. Be sure to boo Roman Reigns extra hard for me. Dude does not deserve to be main eventing Wrestlemania.
Don't worry, I will. Pittsburgh is a pretty hardcore wrestling crowd so I would be shocked if he gets a generally positive reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Very cool op. Daniel Bryan and Ziggler could put a better wrestlemania main event on then Lesnar vs Roman. But oh well. Have fun with your boy. Will be a blast.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
LUBMMA;n30115 said:
Very cool op. Daniel Bryan and Ziggler could put a better wrestlemania main event on then Lesnar vs Roman. But oh well. Have fun with your boy. Will be a blast.

If you get a chance, go back and watch their match from Bragging Rights in 2010 or 2011 from Minneapolis. One of the better wrestling matches you will watch. A 20 minute classic.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Shy Guy;30125 said:
If you get a chance, go back and watch their match from Bragging Rights in 2010 or 2011 from Minneapolis. One of the better wrestling matches you will watch. A 20 minute classic.
I will. I quit watching wrestling around 02-03. Started watching again after mania last year off and on. They seem to be stuck on the Authority and Roman. But the crowd doesn't seem to like or hate it. I remember as a kid. People hated the horseman. If Ricky Mortan got hit by Cornettes Tennis racket, the crowd went nuts. If Ivan Kolloff came out people were spitting. Now it seems so watered down and emotionless. I could be wrong and all grown up tho lol.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fun times with a kid for sure. Quit watching regularly when the Monday night wars ended but I have taken my son(16 now) a dozen times or more to various wwe events. He was a big Hardy boyz fan, and when they were still with the wwe he would make sure that if they were at a show within a reasonable distance he of course wanted to go.

What's ironic is when he was about 1 and in a stroller, he met Matt and Jeff (wrestled as Willow the wisp that night vs Shane Helms) in the locker room when they were wrestling an independent show at the Moore County fair here in NC(next county over where I currently live). I had a couple buddies that owned a local gym where I worked out at, that wrestled with the Hardy's and Hurricane Helms among others at independent shows, and every time they had a show locally in the late 90's to early 2000's they invited me, so I became somewhat friendly with them.

My son of course was too young to remember any of this. We ended up moving and lost touch. I saw Matt and his dad about two years ago in a convenience store early one morning and we chatted a sec and he said he was on his way to court so we shook hands and I left. I googled him later that day and saw how much shit he had gotten in Lol. Jeff was always the nicer of the two anyway.

Anyway, have fun! It's stuff like this that he'll remember for years.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fun times with a kid for sure. Quit watching regularly when the Monday night wars ended but I have taken my son(16 now) a dozen times or more to various wwe events. He was a big Hardy boyz fan, and when they were still with the wwe he would make sure that if they were at a show within a reasonable distance he of course wanted to go.

What's ironic is when he was about 1 and in a stroller, he met Matt and Jeff (wrestled as Willow the wisp that night vs Shane Helms) in the locker room when they were wrestling an independent show at the Moore County fair here in NC(next county over where I currently live). I had a couple buddies that owned a local gym where I worked out at, that wrestled with the Hardy's and Hurricane Helms among others at independent shows, and every time they had a show locally in the late 90's to early 2000's they invited me, so I became somewhat friendly with them.

My son of course was too young to remember any of this. We ended up moving and lost touch. I saw Matt and his dad about two years ago in a convenience store early one morning and we chatted a sec and he said he was on his way to court so we shook hands and I left. I googled him later that day and saw how much shit he had gotten in Lol. Jeff was always the nicer of the two anyway.

Anyway, have fun! It's stuff like this that he'll remember for years.
Cool story. My little brother was a huge fan of the Hardy's during their WWE run. They seem like good guys as long as they can keep their demons under control.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shy Guy @Shy Guy So did you guys make it? How was it?
Dude, I had a great time. I forgot how fun live wrestling shows are. I went to a Ring of Honor show a couple years back but this is the first WWE live event I attended since the Attitude era. My son loves Brock and Cena so to be there when he got to see them live was awesome.

The promo that Heyman cut was unbelievable. Brock was boo'ed when his music hit and he entered the arena. By the time Heyman was ending his promo, the arena was standing and clapping. It didn't come off that way on TV but it was awesome to see in the arena. Heyman is the best promo guy, period. To be able to completely change the initial reaction of that 16,000 seat arena with a promo is remarkable. To see the crowd flip during the promo was so cool to see.

Thanks for asking, man. It was one of those great nights I got to share with my son.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Dude, I had a great time. I forgot how fun live wrestling shows are. I went to a Ring of Honor show a couple years back but this is the first WWE live event I attended since the Attitude era. My son loves Brock and Cena so to be there when he got to see them live was awesome.

The promo that Heyman cut was unbelievable. Brock was boo'ed when his music hit and he entered the arena. By the time Heyman was ending his promo, the arena was standing and clapping. It didn't come off that way on TV but it was awesome to see in the arena. Heyman is the best promo guy, period. To be able to completely change the initial reaction of that 16,000 seat arena with a promo is remarkable. To see the crowd flip during the promo was so cool to see.

Thanks for asking, man. It was one of those great nights I got to share with my son.
Awesome!! Heyman is good as hell at manipulating the audience with his schtick, that's exactly what Brock can't do. Perfect duo. Glad you guys had a great time!