Listen Great Country Narrations and Truck Driving Songs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Hey megatherium @Megaterio Llamas

Do you remember the country music show from the 70s called Pop! Goes the Country?

I had kind of forgot about it, but I’ve been reminded by listening to Tom T Hall lately, as he was one of the hosts of the show. It was mostly country musicians doing comedy sketches and what not, and of course great live music too (it was recorded at the Grand Ole Opry). Towards the end of their run, the great Jim Varney was part of the cast :)

If you don’t know it, here’s a little link:
Pop! Goes the Country - Wikipedia

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Hey megatherium @Megaterio Llamas

Do you remember the country music show from the 70s called Pop! Goes the Country?

I had kind of forgot about it, but I’ve been reminded by listening to Tom T Hall lately, as he was one of the hosts of the show. It was mostly country musicians doing comedy sketches and what not, and of course great live music too (it was recorded at the Grand Ole Opry). Towards the end of their run, the great Jim Varney was part of the cast :)

If you don’t know it, here’s a little link:
Pop! Goes the Country - Wikipedia
It does ring a bell but I'm not sure I ever actually watched it. But thanks.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
It does ring a bell but I'm not sure I ever actually watched it. But thanks.
I wasn’t sure if it would have aired as far north where you are, or if it was just a southern US thing.

Between these country videos, and the videos in the Cannon thread, I was quite entertained with YouTube last night ;)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

Gonna post the Cake version of this in the Cover Song thread...but a really heart-wrenching story about a disabled vet watching his wife go to town to get The D, contemplating murder and/or suicide...

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

View: https://youtu.be/1rYBPJBtph8

*actually come to think of it this one may have been posted by Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude already ;)
Great stuff! Love Marty Robbins. This is my third consecutive long field day at work this week. It’s been brutal out in this Texas sun. 100+ F with very little shade. In between the physical labor, it’s a struggle to stay hydrated and clear headed out here. Literally trying not to die haha, constantly eating and drinking for fuel. As I’ve been pouring out buckets of sweat, I’ve been listening to country music all day to maintain sanity. Later tonight when I’ve had a chance to regroup, I’ll post some of the songs that have helped me maintain today.

We will see how much I can remember when I get home and have had a glass of bourbon and a puff :D

Can’t wait for winter, which is probably more like spring for you ;)

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Great stuff! Love Marty Robbins. This is my third consecutive long field day at work this week. It’s been brutal out in this Texas sun. 100+ F with very little shade. In between the physical labor, it’s a struggle to stay hydrated and clear headed out here. Literally trying not to die haha, constantly eating and drinking for fuel. As I’ve been pouring out buckets of sweat, I’ve been listening to country music all day to maintain sanity. Later tonight when I’ve had a chance to regroup, I’ll post some of the songs that have helped me maintain today.

We will see how much I can remember when I get home and have had a glass of bourbon and a puff :D

Can’t wait for winter, which is probably more like spring for you ;)
Jeezus that sounds brutal.

View: https://youtu.be/QUQxfkkc6mg