Listen Greatest song of all-time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Wild @Wild posted the greatest song from one of the greatest concerts ever. If you haven't watched the full performance from the capitals centre in 77 you should. Even if you're a big meanie like seekntruth @seekntruth

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Imo the greatest song is different from the greatest performance of a song. E.g. John Denver wrote amazing songs but didn't have the greatest voice. But there are songs that aren't as amazing that suddenly sound like the greatest of all time when the right person arranges or sings them.

But then there are songs with specific arrangements that are carefully crafted works of art, like Bohemian Rhapsody.

Also, there are timeless folksongs, lullabies, holiday songs, and songs from musicals to think about too. And should the greatest song be something that can be enjoyed by all? I love Disturbed, but I don't play it around my 3-yr-old.

I will not be able to decide this today.

M

member 1013

Come on, seekntruth @seekntruth , don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me
We may lose and we may win, though we will never be here again
So open up I'm climbin' in, so take it easy

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I doubt most people over 40 listen to rap but an album like GZAs Liquid Swords is incredible for it's lyrics and other things people in here have used to justify best ever.

Classic rock has always been in my top 3 genres since I was a kid but it's the last thing I'd put on if I'm working out (exception being AC/DC or something, my old kickboxing coach would have it top volume every class the whole time) There's a time and place for every track so I'm not able to select just one, need a scenario.
I think rap music always has been more disposable, more in-line with pop music. It doesn't age well. But I still listen to Cypress Hill, Wu-tang, etc. But even some new stuff becomes old quickly.

Classic Rock is also not really a valid genre, it is more where the old songs go. At the time, they are not Classic Rock. Like Guns N Roses is supposed to be Classic Rock now. It's just rock music that went into retirement.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think rap music always has been more disposable, more in-line with pop music. It doesn't age well. But I still listen to Cypress Hill, Wu-tang, etc. But even some new stuff becomes old quickly.

Classic Rock is also not really a valid genre, it is more where the old songs go. At the time, they are not Classic Rock. Like Guns N Roses is supposed to be Classic Rock now. It's just rock music that went into retirement.
Reminds me of the last big scene in the latest Star Trek movie. They want to get fired up so they out on Sabotage by Beastie Boys and refer to it as classical music.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How dare you? This is a cover version of Jimi Hendrix's original. Which I think is all time great.

That's actually the one that was trying to find but couldn't find it, I just wish the solo was longer

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
That's actually the one that was trying to find but couldn't find it, I just wish the solo was longer
my bad~ we share the same taste in music. IMO, best versions of Hendrix are his live. Dude never plays anything the same way. Have you heard this version?

or

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I have a few. Definitely something by Zeppelin. This one pops to mind easily.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015

This is in my top 3 for sure......sometime's #1 pending on the day.

If you haven't heard it, have a listen.