VID GSP: 'Carlos Condit is a nightmare', 'most dangerous guy' in division

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

The secret headliner of UFC 189 was without a doubt the electrifying rematch battle between welterweight titleholderRobbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald. The champion was tested for multiple rounds by the 26-year old canadian contender, but eventually emerged victorious with a well-placed jab to MacDonald's already broken nose.

Bloody Elbow's Mark Bergmann had the chance to talk to former welterweight great Georges St-Pierre for German outlet GNP1.de. St-Pierre happens to be one of MacDonald's training partners and closest friends, so it should come as no surprise that the UFC superstar has an opinion on the fight and MacDonald's future.

"Rory is a good friend of mine and a training partner. I think he did a great job until he got caught by that last straight left. I still believe Rory will be world champion one day. I just believe, maybe it wasn't meant to be right now," GSP said. "But it doesn't change the fact that I still think he's the future of the division."

"If you look at Robbie Lawler, his career went up and down before he became champion. I think sometimes it's just to be patient with time and experience. But I truly believe for Rory, I have a message for him, I could tell him -- I know he's probably sad and everything, because when you lose a fight you are very sad and sometimes emotion about it -- but not give up on his dream, hold on to it. By seeing him training and talking to him, I know he's the future of this division. It just wasn't meant to be to happen right now, but it will be pretty soon."

Since St-Pierre has relinquished his title in 2013, there has been an ever-exciting battle for the belt at the top of the 170-pound division. After Johny Hendricks secured the vacant title in a close fight against Robbie Lawler, he immediately lost it in the rematch. After his first successful defense against MacDonald, Lawler now awaits two possible challengers: he could complete the trilogy against Hendricks or face Carlos Condit, who made an impressive return to the Octagon against Thiago Alves in May...

Video: GSP: 'Carlos Condit is a nightmare', 'most dangerous guy' in division - Bloody Elbow

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Poor woodley...beat condit didn't even get mentioned..

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I like GSP but seriously why not just speak out, why does he care anymore about being PC. He will never fight again and a guy like him can make a difference. I guess he truly only cares about himself, which is fine i guess

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I like GSP but seriously why not just speak out, why does he care anymore about being PC. He will never fight again and a guy like him can make a difference. I guess he truly only cares about himself, which is fine i guess
In all fairness we know pretty much nothing about his decision making. To say he only cares about himself might be a stretch IMO.