GSP signs new deal with UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015

Georges St-Pierre, the former UFC welterweight champion and a man widely considered to be the greatest 170-pound fighter to ever compete, is officially back under the UFC umbrella.

St-Pierre inked a new deal with the promotion on Friday, setting the stage for a return to the UFC more than three years after St-Pierre stepped away from the sport.

MMA Fighting confirmed the news Friday following an initial report by Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani previously reported on Wednesdaythat St-Pierre and the UFC were close to finalizing a new contract.

St-Pierre, 35, now returns to the same organization he ruled over from 2007 until 2013 as one of the most popular figures in the sport. He defended his UFC welterweight title nine consecutive times throughout his second title reign — a record for the division — culminating in a hard-fought split decision over Johny Hendricks in Nov. 2013.

Georges St-Pierre officially re-signs with UFC

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He needs to reveal who's he's fighting as he didn't sign a contract to "hopefully" get a fight at some point........for the record, Chael pointed this fact out and I agree 100% with it....

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Maia would be awesome but he wants to wait (understandably) for the title shot. Anderson would be a money maker. I really have no desire to see him fight bisbing.

I predict he'll crush the count and get dismantled by Maia if they ever fight and have his head removed by Woodley if he ever gets to that stage.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
gegard screwed over again
along with so many others
UFC is where champs go to chill, and never fight for belts