GSP, UFC agree to terms on new contract

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's odd...I don't see that loss on his record. Hmmm
IF we go by what the judges say...we will have a very skewed view of what really happened in many fights.

Next you will tell me Machida dominated the first fight with Shogun

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
IF we go by what the judges say...we will have a very skewed view of what really happened in many fights.

Did he won the first fight with shogun?

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016

So if we go by their actual records?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So if we go by their actual records?
actual records have Jorge masvidal losing to Al Laquinta....Diego Sanchez over ross pearson...Bisbing over Matt Hammil etc....

As I said it is foolish IMO to value all judges decisions

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
They must have backed up a dump truck full of cash to his house to get him to back. GSP is one of my all time favorites, but with the time away and being 35, i sort of wish he would would stay away. He took lots of shots in his last few fights and has nothin left to prove. It's a young mans sport. Bisping is an easy fight for him, but other than that he will have a rough time if he's looking for a belt. If he does come back, big IF, I hope he takes only superfights against other stars.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
except he lost his last fight to a guy who is 2 and 4 in his last 6 and lost 3 in a row

don't give me the he didn't lose that fight routine bra...he lost that one pretty clearly(John might have been pre USADA though)

Glad to see GSP back though....But I really doubt he is gonna do well against the current crop of 170s or 185s

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
except he lost his last fight to a guy who is 2 and 4 in his last 6 and lost 3 in a row

don't give me the he didn't lose that fight routine bra...he lost that one pretty clearly(John might have been pre USADA though)

Glad to see GSP back though....But I really doubt he is gonna do well against the current crop of 170s or 185s

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
I'm wondering if they up'd the offer since a few cash cows have since faded away (i.e. Lesnar, Ronda, etc.).

Now they have to decide if they give him a top 2 fight and grab the PPV cash right away or do they try to bring him up a little slower with a top 10 fight and get a few PPV events out of him. Got risk either way.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
2 hours ago the count posted a video of him saying gsp is close to coming back.

Title of the video is "a big fight could be coming soon"

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
no he was beaten up an dominated
machida era was over
he had no legs and was limping badly
Refs gave him a decision....Lyoto knew he lost you could see it in his body language
UFC 104 Results: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Picks Lyoto Machida Apart to Lose UFC Light Heavyweight Title
UFC 104 Results: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Picks Lyoto Machida Apart to Lose UFC Light Heavyweight Title

Only booing I heard close to that was when Sylvia came out to fight Fedor. Was nuts in that place.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I understand Bisping knows he will lose to almost everyone but damn man at least try and be legit. The respect would at least be there. Now that title is like a paperweight. It has no meaning and embarrasses the division. No joke if I was rockhold or Weidman I would move up to lhw. Its wide open and I would take those two over a lot of guys.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
George if you're reading this, you are the best and my favourite fighter. I am amazed at how fast and strong you are. If you are ever in Toronto, give me a call I'll take you out for a Vietnamese soup they call Pho. Keep reaching for the top!!!

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
I understand Bisping knows he will lose to almost everyone but damn man at least try and be legit. The respect would at least be there. Now that title is like a paperweight. It has no meaning and embarrasses the division. No joke if I was rockhold or Weidman I would move up to lhw. Its wide open and I would take those two over a lot of guys.
Agreed!

Again, Mike is giving it the "I've been around forever". No, Mike, you got your ass beat forever whilst beating nobodies forever. Now you've beaten ONE good fighter, who you should rematch to see who the better man is, you've beaten badly faded legends and you're calling out welters.

I'd laugh if GSP came back and ruined him, which he easily could btw.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Awesome news. Two fucking divisions now on hold again.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Agreed!

Again, Mike is giving it the "I've been around forever". No, Mike, you got your ass beat forever whilst beating nobodies forever. Now you've beaten ONE good fighter, who you should rematch to see who the better man is, you've beaten badly faded legends and you're calling out welters.

I'd laugh if GSP came back and ruined him, which he easily could btw.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I don't understand why he gets to come back and fight for the belt in a weight class he has never fought in. Even if he beats Bisbing (which I think he could) he'll have to fight Romero, Weidman, Lombard, Jacare and Rockhold. These guys are all much bigger and stronger than he is. In my opinion it's really a no win situation.