GSP, UFC agree to terms on new contract

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
Wonder if he comes back at 185 or 170.

For some reason I picture a 185 gsp lacking a lot of speed. Sort of like when cung le drank the super soldier serum vs bisping
I thought he looked like he'd clearly lost a step when he came back from knee surgery vs. Condit, quite a while ago now. Maybe the time off has helped, but he's not getting any younger.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I don't understand why he gets to come back and fight for the belt in a weight class he has never fought in. Even if he beats Bisbing (which I think he could) he'll have to fight Romero, Weidman, Lombard, Jacare and Rockhold. These guys are all much bigger and stronger than he is. In my opinion it's really a no win situation.
Welcome to the UFC title shot circus. Where rankings and contender pathways pop into existence like a Rubik's Cube from the void, only to disappear again once you think you've solved the riddle.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
At this point they might as well start generating tournaments with dice rolls. Completely random fights with completely random salaries and stakes. Give the judges dice as well.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
At this point they might as well start generating tournaments with dice rolls. Completely random fights with completely random salaries and stakes. Give the judges dice as well.
I have no problem with an Anderson Silva or GSP going for superfights and such. It's the others that want a superfight without being a draw or notable legend in the sport.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
yeah.. was insane the booing for tim.. the ENTIRE place booed him outside of his corner. Shogun vs Machida was a few steps below it.
must been the megadeath withdrawal.. or was that for Andre Arvloski

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I have no problem with an Anderson Silva or GSP going for superfights and such. It's the others that want a superfight without being a draw or notable legend in the sport.
Well, the UFC is to blame for everyone thinking they're a primadonna or trying to play that card. It's a consequence of not having a systematic approach to matchups in general. Of course everyone is going to reach for the stars and try to exert leverage whenever possible in this kind of environment. The number of unprecedented demands at the periphery rises with the hottest flame.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
2017 is destined be a free for all at the negotiating table and a clusterfuck for title shots. The new owners are going to be desperately relying on Dana to keep the mob at bay, but the castle gates will buckle. If Conor fights Floyd at least a year will go by without him defending his belt at 155, and then then gravity constant of the UFC will go haywire as all the primadonnas start faxing in demands a la Randy Couture on the set of Skorpion. Fighters will be floating in the air with no rhyme or reason, chicken and silverware and Egg's horrified Fester face rotating in zero g's, then suddenly everything crashing to the floor. 2017 is going to be an acid trip.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I thought he looked like he'd clearly lost a step when he came back from knee surgery vs. Condit, quite a while ago now. Maybe the time off has helped, but he's not getting any younger.
He has certainly stayed active and working with fighters.